Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this sound like lactose intolorence?

Hi! So, the day before easter (Saturday), me and my family went to celebrate at a diner and i ordered a mikshake that had lots of whipped cream. I practically drank it all! I didn't feel awful afterwards. I didn't feel great either. I would just describe it as an "ice creamy" feeling. The next day I woke up hungry but my intestines felt awful. VERY bloated. All day i felt yucky. here was even a point where the thought of food made me nauseous (which sent me into full blown panic mode of course). but that was very brief. Anyway, today i still feel it, but it's better. It feels like there's just a block in my abdomen that won't move. It's in the middle of my abdomen around my belly button and it's been in that EXACT place for over twenty four hours. I also have a lot of gas and bloating. I know it's not food poisoning or a bug because I've been hungry three times since I've had this. I also have no diareah. if anything constipation. Also, my intestinal area has been rumbling a lot from time to time. Do you think this is lactose intolorence? Thanks in advance

Default Re: Does this sound like lactose intolorence?

lactose intolerance usually passes when the food is digested, so 3-4 hours. initial symptoms are bloating, gas, cramping and often d. I have been LI for about 15 years. my guess is you set something off like a little attack so your tummy is just "off" I'd avoid dairy and greasy stuff today and focus on carbs and protein to sop it up. also try to drink lots if water to flush your intestines.

I have lactose intolerance, and my symptoms are a little different. The symptoms usually start within an hour or so of eating the food, not the next day, and I get bloating, cramps, gas and sometimes diarrhea, depending on how much I ate without one of my supplements.

Do other dairy things ever give you trouble? If not, I wouldn't say you have lactose intolerance. Maybe the greasy food at the diner just made you feel a little weird, many people have that problem.

Thanks guys! The symptoms did start right after I had finished the malt. It's just that they were worse the next day. And I looked it up and it says that the effects can last up to several days, so i'm guessing it varies? I don't know. I hope it doesn't make me v*. But I've been hungry, so it's not like a bug or food poisoning, right? I hope not Anyway, thanks again!

By the way, I do eat yogurt sometimes, and that never causes me trouble. But i have been vegan for a little while, so maybe it's a shock to my system to suddenly have a malt :/

Yogurt is actually easy for some people with LI to digest.

If it happened immediately, maybe you do have it! Ice cream especially makes me feel bad for the next day.

Yeah, I think I have at least a minor version LI. I'm almost all better now Next time i'll be wayyy more careful! <3 Thanks so much x