Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help me :'(

Default Help me :'(

I found out today my boss was off work because she's been v* today. I haven't seen her since Friday and I don't know what's caused it but she's obviously touched the surfaces at work and her partner was in today too, I'm so scared it's a bug going round and I've got it :'( if I have I'd rather not be here anymore, someone help me

Default Re: Help me :'(

Can you get some Lysol III and spray the common areas (light switches, fax/copy machines, phones, etc) and your desk? Doing the cleaning yourself may help with your anxiety.

First of all, it could be ANYTHING. Something she ate, could she be pregnant?, etc. People v* for a variety of reasons. Secondly, if it IS Noro, given the timing she got it over the weekend. Does she have children? Perhaps she got it off of one of them. She wouldn't have been contagious until she began to show symptoms, so your work space is TOTALLY safe. Before she comes to work next she'll have showered and be 100% clean. You really don't have to worry. When she does return I'm sure she won't be at your desk, sharing your things! If anything just be extra diligent in the shared restroom spaces to scrub up well. That's it!

I did a lot of cleaning today but I'm still worried it was too late for that

Thank you for your message I found it very reassuring, fingers crossed this is all just in my head

She may not have a bug. Try not to worry and have a clove or two of raw garlic to keep the virus away you'll be fine <3 xx

Thank you, if anyone wants to message me I'd love to hear your story and any tips you use to help manage your emetophobia, I'm going through a very difficult patch xx