Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Frustrating.

Default Frustrating.

Hey everyone, hows it going?

I am just so frustrated today. This phobia is the most annoying time consuming thing Ive ever had to deal with.
    I am just so worried today that its going to happen. But I am now chalking it up to nerves about my therapy appointment.

Last night we slept with the window open, and the temp outside was warm then cold, cause today it turned rainy. I tossed and turned a lot and when I got up this morning to use the bathroom, it all came out at once and was very loose! It instantly freaked me out, naturally. My husband was trying to calm me down but I just am so worked up. I ended up eating a few bites of cheese and crackers so I can take my medicine. My seroquel makes me tired so now I am just kind of blah cause its rainy outside and i am tired.

My therapy appointment today, my mother in law is coming. She wants to learn ways to help me get through panic episodes and stuff, which i think is great and helpful. But I just can not calm down, and accept the fact that I am okay. (at least I HOPE so!)

Im getting ready to go to my appointment now, and I am just nervous. When I have a weird bowel movement, it just freaks me out and puts me off for the whole day! I haven't really been any where, or been around people who were sick, so I can't imagine I am, but I just hate the what if's. I Could really use some encouragement today!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Frustrating.

I get the same way when my BM's are funny. I totally understand. But you do have a big event today and that may have made you nervous, which would cause the BM. I would chalk it up to that and just avoid heavy, greasy stuff today. You will be totally fine. Good luck at the appt.

Hi, I hope your day has gotten better. I think your bathroom issues stem from betting a bad night's sleep and being stressed out. Hopefully you started to feel a bit more relaxed after your therapy appointment!

I hope your mother-in-law's support will help as well. It's great that your family is committed to helping you cope with your phobia and anxiety. Hang in there!

I am the same way about that when I have a weird bm, I just don't want to eat or do anything the rest of the day because I feel like it'll just get worse. I hope your appointment went well!

thanks guys. the appointment did go well, thankfully. But I did end up wasting the whole day on worry. Glad today was better!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.