Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Stress from school has aggrivated my emet so that it's really bad
    again. I'm so dissapointed too because I had been you know extremely
    slowly recovering.

I just always feel like something is wrong with me. My stomach hurts or
    I have a head ache and I'm afraid it means I have something that will
    make me v*, and it isn't just the fear of v* that I'm having a hard
    time dealing with....it's so hard never feeling well. Really it's just
    constantly something stomach or headache or sore throat or sore legs or
    any combination of the above.

I haven't been able to sleep. I got only about 4 hours last night and
    maybe about 6 the night before. I'm at my dorm and I thought I was okay
    but my roommate came in earlier after being out all evening and my
    stomach like went into instant cramp. She changed to go for a run and
    is out again but she'll be back. I try to be quiet for her even when
    I'm having trouble sleeping but how will I be able to do that if just
    her being in the room knots up my stomach?

I'm sorry to be annoying I just could use some words of comfort....any
    will do. Right now my head really hurts. Does that mean I'm sick?

i get the same thing. i NEVER EVER feel good. theres always something wrong. my mom says im too aware of my body.

one time when iwas on the bc patch (wouldnt recommend btw) i was
    sleeping and my bf called and woke me up drunk. i couldnt hear him bc
    of bad servcie and he was drunk and it made me so n* i almost v*. to
    this day (over a year later) i still get anxious when he calls at
    night, ESPECIALLY if he wakes me up.

im the same way.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

i am the same way also. i never feel good. im getting really tired of it too. i also have a real hard time sleeping. i cant seem to fall asleep before 2 in the morning. i have to be up by 8. so 6 hours of sleep a night isnt enough. i know that not sleeping enough can make you feel sick, but it is hard for me to fall asleep. my anxiety is really bad in the night. i'm afraid i might v* in the middle of the night. im having a hard time right now too. i just try my best to calm myself down by taking deep breaths. i know that isn't much, but thats what i do. i hope you feel better chicajojobe. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I am also sick "all the time".........It is something with me almost every single day....and like someone else said here...i think we are so aware of our bodies and just sense something is going to be wrong...i think it's a brain malfunction!!!! I don't know....i often wonder if maybe I just am so used to feeling bad...that it's just going to happen no matter what.....but I do have good days......and i enjoy them so much and never take them for granted b/c I know the bad days are coming back....in fact i just got over a 4 day yuck!!!! I could not eat...my stomach was all nasty yucky feeling...just like i had to v...but never would. it was horrible feeling and just overall feeling like i could not move....tired and wanted to sleep all day....headache and all. So, I know how you feel and would love to know the reason for it. I think it's b/c i have it in my brain automatically that i will feel bad no matter what...it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

You live in a dorm too?? We should talk more... and create our own "emets living in dorms" group or something. lol... seriously though.. i know how you feel.

Please private message me your AIM screenname or e-mail address... I really think that we could help eachother out!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

I know what you mean about how depressing it is to never feel good. It is so hard to live your life to do thie things you need to do let alopne have energy left over for things you would like to do.

Have you been to a doctor for anti-anxiety meds? I think it would really help you get through this rough patch and wold help you sleep too.

That's a good idea guineaash. My SN is CleopatraSmith4.

I guess we are all alike. I totally am aware constantly about how badly I feel and I know that a day does not go by that I don't have some sort of ill feeling. My husband and mother always calm me down by telling me that I can't be sick daily, so I always guess they are right and I move on. Sometimes, it doesn't work, so then stress even more thinking that it isn't working now, so I must really have something. I know exactly how you feel and we can't all be sick, so I chalk it up to this awful phobia and live with it knowing there is nothing really wrong and then I manage to cope. I sleep terribly, but I have a 3 year old that I think I stress over so, that does not help.

I am sorry that it is so bad for you in college. My college days were not EMET free, but I didn't have as much anxiety over it. I found that people didn't V* unless they were drunk, and yes, that does still bother me, not as much, but a little. I wish I could offer more advice, but I think that we are all feeling yuck all the time over stress and anxiety and we look for it to happen.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I totally feel the SAME way. I always feel sick. I think maybe its b.c. I think about it too much. Ya know? Maybe if you dwell on it too much, you actually make yourself feel sick. I know that may not be much help...but my mother always tells me that I think about not feeling good too much and thats why I dont feel good. The mind is very powerful.
    *Mandi*

Yes, the mind is amazingly powerful!! It's funny how we emets know full well how irrational we are sometimes, yet we fall for it everytime and worry, worry, WORRY ourselves into feeling sick!!! I too, have an unusual day every now and then when i actually feel GOOD!! but on my normal days...somethings always wrong with me...if it's not one thing...it's another!! Right now, i'm battling quite a few ailments at once...from recurring ear infections, sinus infection, abdominal pain, leg pain, chest pain...MY GOODNESS, maybe i'm dead and i'm just too DUMB to fall over lol!!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I must say that I am surprised at how many things I can have wrong. My stomach can always hurt or be bloated or i will have D* or feel N*. I can sneeze and instantly know that it is a cold, sinus infection or now, at this time of year I daily tell my mom and husband I think I have the flu. I have chest pains real often and tell them I have a heart problem and then i have general aches and pains all the time. All that said, let me add that a few visits to all types of DR.'s has turned up, no heart condition, no stomach disorders, not bone problems and i get a flu shot each year, so that almost rules that out. I have no clue how we can all talk ourselves into this, but until I found you guys, I assumed that I was just crazy and had so many very rare things that even DR.'s didn't know what was wrong. I knew I wasn't making the things up, I truly felt bad every single day.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Hey everybody,

I have had emet and anxiety disorder for almost 15 years now and believe me, I have gone from one extreme to another over the years. I also lived my life everyday feeling ill and knowing I was going to die. I have convinced myself of brain cancer, stomach cancer, heart attacks, and I even convinced myself I needed a kidney transplant.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] I can assure you all that all of the things you feel are anxiety related. It took me years to "finally be convinced of what an anxious mind can make your body do. I have finally learned how to control the negative thoughts that cause me to feel sick daily. I still get anxious when I think I may be sick but I don't let it control me to the point of a full blown panic attack. (Most of the time.) Medication helped me on my journey to be able to live a somewhat normal life again. I take Prozac and Xanax. The xanax makes a world of difference. Please ask your doctor about it if you suffer physically on a daily basis. Trust me, I have been through just about everything I read about on this sight. I have done sooooo much research on emetophobia and anxiety that I could write a book. I promise you anxiety can cause ALL of this. Sorry this is so long winded. I am just hoping it helps someone.

Murphy

I think what our problem is that we notice more when we feel bad. I don't think we feel sick more often than others, I just think we pay attention much more
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Me too, chica! Its nice to know we're all pretty much the same, though, and the chances of us all being truly sick with life threatening diseases are slim...so thats comforting. Anxiety can really get the better of you, especially when you are tired or stressed, those are the times that you start to get shakey and panicky. Sometimes all it takes is one strange twinge in your stomach and you can fall into a fully fledged panic attack. Which really sucks.

The power of the mind is amazing. Us emets relive traumatic experiences when we worry, eg. the last time we v*d, etc. And just by doing that, we cuase ourselves to feel sicker. Technically it should work for the reverse - by thinking of good, happy moments, we *should* start to feel well again...I've gotten it to work, one or two times. Happythoughts make you feel good ^_^ Its just blocking out the unhappy ones that can be a pain in the ass, sometimes they just won't budge, lol.

Anyways...try it ^_^ Remember some great times in your life, like good laughs you've had with old friends, or some beautiful places you have been. Start recalling good feelings, instead of bad ones.