Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My Thrive Journey

So I figured I'd make a thread for my Thrive videos.

First one is now live; It's view by link only as I just wanted to share it with you folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVHzt-wtmmY

Blog write-up to follow :-)

Default Re: My Thrive Journey

im watching it, i'll sub to you too

Thank you, hope you enjoy!

I look forward to watching your reviews and videos of the program. I'm at the point that I believe I may be almost completely cured of Emetophobia but because how I got to this point was unwanted exposure, I'm very worried that this is short-lived or temporary and I'll be back where I was before. I have been looking into thrive and another program but after some research I trust Thrive and it's Author a lot more. I can't wait to see how the program works for you!

I will also be interested in following your progress. I had CBT for my emto which did really help but the thrive program finished it off.

Every week as my thinking changed symptoms improved.

I hardly ever feel sick (once on the last months)
    I never think about being sick.
    I am not bothered if someone is sick or ill.
    I am not bothered if I am ill or not, could not care less.

I think it is fair to say I do not have emeto anymore.

Enjoy working through Thrive.

Nice ^-^ I will sub to you and look forward to watching your journey, as I am going through thrive therapy as well right now!

How is Thrive going guys?

I'm at the end of my therapy sessions and I've improved so much. If you look back at my previous topics you'll see how often I used to panic. I rarely find myself bothered by v* (I don't mind using the word, can even say it out loud now! But I don't want to upset anyone) any more and I'm doing way more things than I used to. I went on a 4 hour car journey in the back seat the other day, something which I couldn't even do on a 10 minute journey before If anyone is considering doing Thrive, it really is the best thing that will ever happen to you so DO IT! :P

Just so you know though, it's hard. The techniques given to you seem straight forward and easy, but actually putting them into practice takes hard work, consistency and effort. I had trouble with that at first but it gets easier once you start seeing the first results and going through the motions even if you don't believe what you're telling yourself.

P.S. I feel sick right now and I'm very calm :P Going to go to sleep in a minute. Even if I was sick (which is unlikely), I could deal with it. ^-^

This is great! Congrats on conquering the dragon... I've been looking into Thrive too and I think I'll try it soon

Just thought I'd post an update since it's been a while since I completed Thrive.

It's not easy and the effort has to be consistent - I've had a couple of weeks where I've not kept things up and I have felt quite anxious. It's of course ramped up because I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and dealing with daily nausea!

I still recommend Thrive wholeheartedly - just be very prepared to put in constant hard work on a daily basis.