Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Possible Exposure!!

I'm freaking out. I went to a restaurant with my friend and towards the end of the meal she went to the bathroom and she said the stall she went into had v on the floor. Now I'm terrified I've been exposed to it and my stomach is starting to gurgle and burn and hurt.

Default Re: Possible Exposure!!

No you wasn't exposed it weren't her that v* so your 100% fine
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm just scared that she didn't wash her hands well enough coming out of the stall and I'm working with her now so I'm scared she has the germs on her and I will get them somehow. Is that likely or no?

That's very unlikely unless you were touching things she touched before you. But if you did you just wash your hands well after you won't catch nothing from her honesty x
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you so much!!!! I will just wash my hands before I eat and not touch my face

not exposed. your friend didn't touch the v and I'm sure she washed her hands. just wash your hands and you'll be fine

You have to be near by when it actually happens, I'm sure you'll be fine!

First of all, you don't know for sure that she even saw v*. There are a million different things it could be, especially in a restaurant! People take their leftovers with them when leaving and often run into the restroom before they go. I've seen people drop their little boxes and bags in the stalls before, so it could have been that. It also (more likely than a sv*) could have been a bulimic. If it even WAS v* it could have been a person with cancer, pregnant lady, etc. V* doesn't mean sv* MOST OF THE TIME. The chance that it was something contagious is really, really slim. Even if it was she didn't touch it and I'm SURE she washed her hands. The chance that first of all it was a sv*, she touched the same surface as the individual, didn't wash her hands well enough, carried the germs to you, you happen to touch the same surface and then touched your mouth is SUUUUUUUCH a stretch I think you should forget about it! Really.

syrup, my dear, you are always the voice of reason. can I put you on speed dial on my phone so you can talk me down when I freak out about my life?

Wow syrup and mdgirl1997 thank you so much for talking to me about it logically. Sometimes you forget all reason and logic when you are panicking. I feel sooo much better thank you!

mdgirl, HAHAHAHA!!!! YES! If I can put YOU on MINE! xoxo

syrup - yes gladly!! we should exchange numbers for text emergencies

awhite - so happy it helped! sometimes just reading a rational breakdown really helps!