Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb My tips and tricks for nausea

As many of you guys suffer from nausea (i do too) i might just give some little tips and tricks that i use when i feel yicky. Some MAY work or MAY not. Its my way of dealing with that evil curse called nausea.
    Anyway enough of my blabbering....

1) peppermint sweets
    peppermint has been known to help nausea and can give a beautiful taste. :3
    2) ginger
    ginger is bliss, try ginger nuts, ginger ale. Anything with ginger is good and effective.
    3) anti acids
    sometimes nausea is caused by a little bit of heartburn. Try peptobismol, rennies etc
    4) water
    water helps me ALOT when i feel yicky, nice cold water cools you down if you sweat alot during a anxiety/panic attacks.
    5) (sorry if this is a bit disgusting) empty your bowels
    try and do a number 2. For me atleast, i feel less tense and helps to get rid of that "full" feeling.
    6) fresh air
    take a deep breath. Take in fresh air for 7 seconds, hold for 5, and release for 7 seconds.
    7) (not really a good idea) smoke
    seems wierd, but i have some false sense of security that i believe it will calm the nausea down. you dont have to do this if you dont smoke.
    8) anti emetics
    this is HEAVEN for me, im on Cyclizine Hydrobromide. There are loads of these little angels to choose from xD
    9) distraction
    self implied. Watch tv, listen to music, etc

Thats about it from me, try some off these out, (you dont have to if you dont want to) and see if it helps relieve your nausea. Im no expert on properly getting rid of it, these are just some off my ideas.

Hope this helps, and stay strong x

Default Re: My tips and tricks for nausea

I use a lot of these remedies, too. Thanks for the tips!

I too use a lot of these remedies, glad to see they work good for others too! I also use a kinda placebo effect remedy when I know my n* is triggered from anxiety. For example: saltine crackers and 7up help sooth a upset stomach. So when I'm feeling yucky, I eat saltine crackers and drink 7up and realize the n* slowly goes away. This may only work for me, but it is worth a try for anyone else struggling with n* from anxiety.

Growing up, my family swore by coke syrup, which is basically flat, room temperature coke in a cough-syrup sized bottle. Before I got diagnosed with celiac disease in college I took activated charcoal and peppermint oil capsules. I still keep those on hand in case I have any digestive issues.