Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Does anybody else....

Just wondering instead of finding v* stories triggering sending you into a mass panic do you actually find them strangely comforting? I as soon as someone says they were s* I instantly ask so many questions trying to gleam every detail possible. In a way I think it's a safety behaviour because I then 'store' the details and can use it against when I feel nausea and see if it's the same. Same if I read a story on here I can't help but study it.... Am I the only one?

Default Re: Does anybody else....

You're not the only one! Ever since I joined this site a few days ago, my anxiety level has been pretty low. It's definitely strangely comforting to hear other people's stories. It helps to feel validated, and also to kind of see it from an outside perspective.

Welcome to the site glad to see your anxiety level is low....mine is during the day I can eat out touch door handles etc etc it's just at night when I look back on all I've done I start over thinking this site does help as a distraction. Reading stories where it has happened to people you're right does sort of validate and eases my mind into thinking 'we'll if they can do it so can I' x x

I do, but mostly out of morbid curiosity. Someone's sick and I'm like, "Tell me EVERY detail, don't leave anything out! I want to know what it's like to get sick and not give a crap!"

Its kind of my OCD saying find out every detail!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

You are definitely not alone.. I do this all the time and it drives people INSANE but like you i feel i need to know so i can use it to compare, store it for future etc!

Yes this is me!! My best friend had a nasty sv* and I wrongly loved hearing the tale because she was so calm as if it was like having a cold course she said it wasn't pleasant but it was just what happened *sigh* to be like that

Quote Originally Posted by Goingmonkeys View Post
    I do, but mostly out of morbid curiosity. Someone's sick and I'm like, "Tell me EVERY detail, don't leave anything out! I want to know what it's like to get sick and not give a crap!"
    This. I don't really obsess over "it happened" posts out of fear or to use for information, I do it because I want to use it to my advantage and realize, "Well, they got sick and they're okay enough to be on a computer and tell the tale! That should tell you something."

yeh we know the real issue is ANXIETY but "I want to know what it's like to get sick and not give a crap!" this and we all can.

I also ask a lot of questions, depending on who it is, because I don't like to seem too crazy. I also like to compare how I feel when I am panicking and try to talk myself out of my anxiety attacks.