Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: obsessing

Default obsessing

Has it come to the point for anyone else? Obsessing over who is sick or not on here? Its like I need to check on here to make sure no one has any catastrophic illnesses before I can settle and know I am okay.

It makes me feel better that not a lot of people are posting of others being sick, or EMETs being sick themselves.... its just so scary

It makes me mad and I get down on myself for being this way. My husband assures me its not an overnight process, but I don't feel I am getting any better. It;s just so hard, and so exhausting to live with it every single day.

Just venting... how is Everyones day?
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: obsessing

I don't check for the same reasons bc I know people v for tons of reasons and we live all I over the place. but I do try to support when people worry they may v!

my day is good. made a friend finally and forced myself to meet her for a drink. she is another divorced mom from school and super pretty. we had fun. made plans for next weekend too. that was huge for. I never socialize. just my son and home.

Good for you, mdgirl!!! That's awesome. Glad you were able to get out!!!

I don't worry about people on here pretty much for the same reason as above. The Facebook talk has decreased and my husband helps out in the clinic here and said that nobody is coming in over there with 'wintertime stuff' so I think spring is finally here! Take a deep breath and be happy, you made it through!

I am proud of you also, that is a big step and I know its hard!
    I am hoping for no more wintertime stuff too!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Props, mdgirl! This phobia really can make it so hard to socialize.

As for whether or not I come here to make sure everyone is okay, I don't really do that. I mean, I guess I get slightly more anxious when there are people who get sick and don't know why, but it's certainly not something I obsess over!

So far, my day has been okay! My anxiety kept me up until 7AM, though, so I'm totally exhausted today, but I've been fine besides that. Even stepped out of my comfort zone a little and ate the rest of a jar of salsa with some chips. I can be really weird about jars that have been opened, but I did it anyway. But, I'm leaving town for the rest of the week tomorrow to stay with my boyfriend's family and I'm worried about that. I don't like being away from home much, it makes my anxiety much worse. They know about my anxiety and my phobia and are very understanding, it's just horrifically embarrassing for me to be anxious around them. I always feel so ashamed, especially when it turns into a full-blown attack. I hide in the guest room so they don't have to deal with it, but even then I feel bad because I'm afraid they feel like I'm avoiding them. Gah! lol.

And yes, no more wintertime bugs, please!