Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Wopuld any of you recommend taking advantage of the free therapists on campus?? Their services are free to students... and I haven't seen a therapist in almost 4 years so I am hoping that it could help me get over the remaining fears that I have. I worked through a lot of my anxiety in therapy the last time.. so I think it is a good idea.

Any suggestions for explaining emetophobia? I think that the therapist may have dealt with some type of specific phobia in the past.. so I figure that they would understand me without much of an explanation.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

I think you should definitely go for it, its worth a try. Even if it doesn't help otherwiseyou might look back on it in the future and think that you passed up a good opportnity. And as to how to explain this phobia, I think Sage had an info thing somewhere?

The info is right at the top of this thread - a sticky post. Wow. I can't believe how many people can't find it there...oh well, it keeps me coming here and typing the same thing over and over - lol!

Thanks for pointing it out, Hannah....

Good luck guineash - nothing would be better than a free therapist, if it works for ya!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

At my university back in Tampa, I saw a wonderful therapist for free, and he helped me a lot. I personally think college students are crazy not to take advantage of the free therapy offered at universities. Here is one caution though: If you get attached to a therapist, it can be emotional when you have to end your sessions. Since the sessions are free, they are usually limited to a certain number. I had a hard time parting with my therapist at the end. The free therapists can also point you to reduced cost therapists who give huge discounts to college students.

I say yes. Always yes. I see a counsellor at my university and he is excellent at what he does - he has helped me already more than I could say. I was so terrified to go to him the first time, I cried and cried before I went, but I dread to think what I would be like if I hadn't got the courage to go and see him, It's been almost a year now since I started going. At the end of the day, you can try, see how it goes, and if you don't like it then nobody is going to force you to continue. However I think you would be doing yourself a disservice not to go, it has been the best decision I have made in the last year, to go. I hope it goes well if you do decide to go.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>