Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Kiss on the cheek

Okay. I was at church tonight and my friend got sick while at church. I avoided her as much as I could so I've been only slightly freaking out about that. WELL I got back on campus just now and saw a Facebook status from my grandmother that said she's been having cramps and chills and is sick to her stomach for the past 2-3 hours. That's not good. Why? Because she kissed my cheek before I left church, right around the time she apparently started feeling bad. So now I'm TOTALLY freaking out because I don't know how likely it is that I caught what she has/had and I am just absolutely terrified and don't know what to do, because I can't convince myself I'll be okay because I've never been in this situation before. Help?!

Default Re: Kiss on the cheek

you are completely fine! you did not have any contact with her after the symptoms started and you don't even know if she v* or if she will! and if she does you don't know the cause. don't get yourself worked up about this. wash your hands or take a shower, take a vitamin c and relax! you are 100% SAFE!

Quote Originally Posted by reevagee View Post
    you are completely fine! you did not have any contact with her after the symptoms started and you don't even know if she v* or if she will! and if she does you don't know the cause. don't get yourself worked up about this. wash your hands or take a shower, take a vitamin c and relax! you are 100% SAFE!
    I've washed my hands 83571130918 times. Hahaha. I'm just really worried because I've been told that people are contagious before they show symptoms and this happened right around the time she started feeling bad.

well unless she wiped her butt and put her fingers in your mouth without washing her hands you should be fine. lol don't mean to be so graphic but I'm pretty sure u have to ingest it. you're ok trust me! once I kissed my ex bf for like hours straight and as soon as he left he was v* for days. I was in full blown panic for a week but no one caught it from him. you're ok!

Thank you! Your personal experience helps and I'm not as worried. Hopefully I can continue to calm down some more.

please do! last month on a monday my mom got sick at work. aches and pains all over. she came home and I made her tea and took her temp. she had fever and d*. I thought the coast was clear but wed my dad was v* so I TOTALLY freaked. I slept out that night and bleached the house for days straight. I didn't go near their bedroom or bathroom but we share a living room and kitchen. my brother touched everything and even went in their bathroom. he didn't even get it! I hope this will also help you to stay calm because we all know once the panic starts and the obsessive thoughts get the best of us, it only gets harder. you are more than fine! please stay calm!

Yeah I keep reminding myself of times that I've been exposed and been fine and that other people who don't obsess like I do have been in close quarters with people and not gotten sick. Dang OCD. Makes life stressful sometimes.

trust me I know! lol I'm the QUEEN of OCD. I am hiding from my bf cuz he was v* on wed. I miss him so much and I'm going to his apt Tuesday. although his cleaning lady cleaned everything on thurs I'm still scared cuz he was still having d* yesterday. I'm going to bleach everything. I just wana kiss him so bad I'm hating myself right now.

I totally understand that. I literally like...if my boyfriend is even a little n* I totally avoid him for like a couple days because I'm so worried about catching things. The waiting time is seriously the worst.

ugh tell me about it. hope u are feeling calm now and u can get some rest without obsessing!

I was doing alright but my anxiety is worse this morning. Ugh. I texted my mom and talked to her about it. She said that the two people sick at church, my friend and grandmother, had to have been connected because of how close they were in time, my friend infecting my grandmother, and that if I was going to catch it, I would have been sick by now. However, two hours seems like no time for the sv* to set up camp and show symptoms. And basically everyone I know who has caught a sv* from someone else had symptoms at like 42 hours. (I literally have it down to a science, and panic for 42 hours every time.) So I don't know if my mom is right or not. I feel bad for not believing her, but it doesn't make sense.

call your gram. has she v*? relax. you can't catch it before she was showing symptoms and if she got it from your friend it's probably because she didn't wash her hands after being exposed. you are ok! breathe!