Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Exclamation Possible exposure at school today?

I go to a junior college, and my teacher said that 4 people got sick in school today before we all got there. Before I found out this information, I went to bathroom (washed my hands after) and sat in the student center, I ate some chips that my friend had as we got there at the same time. I touched the doorknobs and things like that but I didn't put anything in mouth since then. When I got home a few mins ago I put my clothes in the dirty clothes hamper and washed my hands. I am worried because I go there twice a week. I hope it's not on my bag or purse. When I was there no one was actively sick or anything. But I am still worried.

Default Re: Possible exposure at school today?

Hey,

How are you feeling? You probably didn't get it since you washed you hands before eating, so try to stay calm (easier said than done). For the next week or 2 while visiting the school just do an extra good job of washing you hands and not touching your face and you will be fine. Remember how many people attend that school, and how few will get sick, even with poor hygiene.

Aww, don't worry. I remember when I was in school and there was a horrible SV going around, everyday someone was v******. Fortunately I didn't get it. So the chances of actually getting it is quite low. But Make sure you wash your hands under hot water with soap for 15 seconds, and try not to touch your face. Everything will be okay. Hang in there

Ah, you'll be fine dear! Unless someone v*ed on you, you are fine! You took all the precautions and won't get anything.
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Hey guys!

I am doing fine. I think I am in the clear. One of my classmates actually had it Monday and came back Wed. He was fine. Hopefully the whole thing has blown over and won't get anyone else sick.