Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help:(

Default Help:(

Hey everyone, been a while since I've posted.
    So late last week my co worker had a SV that lasted 3 days, she even came into work going to the bathroom to V* I asked if she possibly ate something bad but she said her husband had ate the same and he's been fine.
    even worse, she came to the night out we had for a friends 50th birthday and she was feeling better but that was only the first day she didn't V*.
    i was sitting next to her and she accidentally spat when she was taking (I felt some go on my hand which was holding my drink, it's possible some could have got into my drink!!)
    I've been eating normally and washing my hands but this morning I've had to go home from work cause I've had D* and I feel soooo nauseous! I'm pretty sure it's anxiety but I'm more worried because I'm on immune suppressant medication for my Ulcerative colitis (an autoimmune disease) so I'm more likely to catch things !!!

I'm so scared and some reassurance would really help, I probably sound crazy going on like this but that's how huge this fear is to me :/

~Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. That goes for everyone - every human has that power within them. Walk tall. And, I, too will keep walking tall, ever onwards!~

Default Re: Help:(

Oh no, you poor thing. People really are SO inconsiderate about passing on the sv*. I hate how everyone says "well, no one likes to v*" yet they take absolutely no precautions to prevent it from spreading. If they don't like it they should be careful not to make anyone else ill, at least... That being said, chances are it is anxiety. It's very very unlikely she had any virus in her saliva, it's not usually shed in saliva. When saliva is infectious it's usually right after a v* episode and it is due to the v* and not the saliva itself. So on that point you should be safe. I just read this morning that taking probiotics can help resolve sv* symptoms faster, but it is contraindicated to take that while on immune suppressants. Can you call your doctor and see if there is anything you can take to prevent v*? Try to take it easy, hopefully it'll pass without any further issues! I usually take gastrolyte when I have d* as it helps to soothe the digestive lining, you could try to ask a pharmacist if it's ok for you to take that. Hope you will feel better soon!

I would like to reiterate that people can be so inconsiderate and frankly gross. I'm very sorry you were exposed to the sv*, especially with the medication you're taking. Do your coworkers know about the medicine? If not, maybe you could mention it, and and at the very least, it would give you a free pass to avoid them while they're ill. Sick, contagious people do no belong a work regardless, but I will end my rant. As said above, the virus is not shed in saliva. It had been a day since she v*, so all the eating and drinking she did since then washed down the viral particles. I can guarantee you didn't catch it from her spittle.

I'm really sorry you don't feel well. I get d* and nausea when i'm very nervous, and I know this is a common physical symptom of anxiety. It's really likely that it just your nerves messing with you, but I know it's still awful. How are you feeling now?... hopefully better!

I don't understand why people go into work when their ill. Their being very selfish, it's how others get infected when people go out ill. Just stay at home! But I think the symptoms your describing sounds like anxiety when I'm anxious the same thing happens to me. Hope you feel better
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you all for the replies.
    ive been feeling off all day today, no appetite and feeling N* when I do eat even though I've been off from work since Thursday! I'm a little scared I have something as I do feel off and forced myself to eat anyway:/ I really hate having emet

~Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. That goes for everyone - every human has that power within them. Walk tall. And, I, too will keep walking tall, ever onwards!~