Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fed Up

Default Fed Up

Feel so n* its scaring me, my stomach feels really odd & heavy and I just can't relax enough to sleep.

Been like this for about 3 hours now. Been trying to take my mind of it by playing games on facebook and watching tv but nothings working.

Default Re: Fed Up

I have a strong feeling that this is being caused by anxiety, and I don't think you need to worry! That being said, I know how miserable you must be feeling so let's think about how you can calm down a bit! Take some deep breaths. Remind yourself that you are okay, you are safe, and you are in control. Everything will be okay, and these feelings will not last forever!

Sorry, I figured my first message would be cut off if I typed too much. Remember that it is more probable that this is anxiety than anything else. While yes, it is possible that you may have some sort of bug, it is NOT probable. Anxiety can do crazy things to our bodies, and it absolutely sounds like that is what you are experiencing. Remember that you have already felt this way for several hours, and so far you've handled it so well. Props to you!

Thank you for trying to make me feel better.

I haven't felt great for several days now but nothing compared to how I am now. Not sure if its a flare up of a pre-existing condition, anxiety or something nasty. Whatever it is I just wish it would stop & allow me to sleep. I have to work in morning which involves me driving on a fast road with lots of roadworks going on. I need to be alert & not half dead. Aargh!! Its coming in waves, and each time I think its easing it comes back with a vengence.

Im sure its just your body catching up with you not feeling the best for a few days.... and then the weighing agony of anxiety. I think you are okay! Try to get some rest!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Managed to sleep eventually. Went to work today but didn't feel great. Now I'm home I'm feeling worse. Just started to have major stomach pain/spasms & am terrified.

I am going through the exact same vicious cycle right now. Night time nausea so I can't sleep, then dead the next day and want nothing but to sleep but you can't because of the panic symptoms: nausea, shaking spasms, lump in my throat. Just know it's not a bug, you are having a panic attack. Also you are not alone. If you want to contact me you can, as I said I am currently stuck in the same horrible cycle. It's maddening grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by janoski006 View Post
    I am going through the exact same vicious cycle right now. Night time nausea so I can't sleep, then dead the next day and want nothing but to sleep but you can't because of the panic symptoms: nausea, shaking spasms, lump in my throat. Just know it's not a bug, you are having a panic attack. Also you are not alone. If you want to contact me you can, as I said I am currently stuck in the same horrible cycle. It's maddening grrr.
    Sorry to hear you're going through the same sort of thing. It is horrible. No matter how many times I feel like this each & every time I always assume its the dreaded sv or that this time I will actually v*.

I understand totallyWhats wrong with us??? So afraid of my own daughter,just getting over a SV,Now im in fear of my son catching it!!! Where do I turn at this point???

I know right?. Just had my first Psycologists appt last Thursday and as I walked in, no matter how hard I tried to believe "they could fix me", all I had in my head was 'good luck taming this dragon". So sorry you're in this state, I hope you're doing a lot better. xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch