Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Food Poisoning

I ate a questionable peice of chicken last night andI think I got food poisoning but I didn't V*...I feel like V*ing now and I have felt like that the WHOLE day but I haven't been sick like that. Is it possible to get food poisoning and not V*?

~MonicaEdited by: samara's on tv
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hi Monica,

I know with me, I just have a hard time with some foods. So I will get severe d* but never v* from it. (thank goodness) I think that might happen if food is a little past its prime.

I hope you feel better soon. Just keep in mind that it takes alot for an emet to v*, and you would have by now if you were gonna.

Take Care,
    --Kim

It is possible to get food poisoning without v*ing. I think that v*ing when you do have FP is a severe case. I think it happens more often than we think. Like when you just feel icky one day, or you have d* one day, that could be FP. If you ate under cooked chicken, you would have been sick 6 to 12 hours after. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with them. You can have FP without v*. If you feel sick, maybe you do have it, but you would have gotten sick almost right away after you ate the chicken. Just try to get through it and you won't v*
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Thanks for the replies guys. After I ate that chicken it was about 6 hours later that I started feeling sick. I almost V*ed like 6 or 7 times but I held it back. I really thought I might actually V* but then a friend came over and we started talking and it really took my mind off of how crappy I was feeling. I still feel pretty Sh**TY...but I had a bagelwith creamcheese for dinner and that didn't make me feel more sick so I'm cool.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hi Monica...I think I got food poisoning once last winter, and it was also 5 or6 hours after I ate that I started feeling sick...and I did the same as you, I really almost v*d, I could feel it trying to come out (sorry!) but I held it back for hours and hours. It seems so odd - my body knew it would be better to get rid of it, but I just wouldn't let it happen because of the emet!!

Hope you feel better

Monica,

I am glad you made it through OK.. I hate the close calls.

--Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    It is possible to get food poisoning without v*ing. I think that v*ing when you do have FP is a severe case. I think it happens more often than we think. Like when you just feel icky one day, or you have d* one day, that could be FP. If you ate under cooked chicken, you would have been sick 6 to 12 hours after. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

You are SO right. I think A LOT of these stomach viruses are indeed food poisonings. There is no way to tell unless you culture the poop[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

You can definitely just have d* and thats it. Most ecoli sicknesses are just d*!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Hang in their. I have had food poisoning and did v*** once, but took some compazine and was okay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.