Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation My time might be up

Hello,
    so I've been doing so sell had a great few nights where I've slept annnnd not posted on here because I've had no need. I've been more layed on a day to day including eating nor constantly washing my hands and having a 'if it happens then it's going to be fine I'll get through it'
    but now I've just woken up because I came round from a sleep with a tummy pain (though it lasted a second) and this lime feeling in my throat that there's s* there and I felt quite some discomfort and a gaggy feeling.

i didn't feel bad before I went to bed so I'm worried I've caught something I ate a fair amount of homemade popcorn before I went to bed and this made me feel quite full but now I feel like it's yucky and sat there
    ive got no other symptoms and just had a normal bm*
    im just scared tht the popcorn was too much and my body wants to get rid.
    I haven't got any meds I can take just ginger water and mints do you think it sounds like I'm going to t*u* (

Default Re: My time might be up

No, popcorn is a high fiber food. I often get a bit of a funny tummy after eating it. Both of my boys get d* when they eat too much. You'll be ok. Try not to focus on it. Watch a movie for a bit, something to make you laugh. You'll be ok! xoxo

Thank you for replying it didn't have loads of oil or anything I just are a lot of it and not much else. No d* yet just this yucky sensation like fullness. Hoping it goes quickly and I can sleep

Im sure its nothing to worry about. Probably just feeling a bit full due to eating a lot of popcorn. Try some mint chewing gum or even a cup of tea.

I too just woke up in the middle of the night feeling ill. It isnt nice and Im sure my added panic at the reasons why I may have woke aren't helping.

I can't really do popcorn anymore. I'm sure that's what it is.

It's totally the popcorn. It KILLS my stomach. It might be the hulls tearing apart your insides. Corn is very difficult to digest in any form. IE what you see in the toilet after eating corn. The same thing happens with the sharp hulls.

Ugh, popcorn always makes me feel sick. It doesn't really affect my stomach (no d* or anything) but it certainly makes me feel icky. I think you're good!

When I use to eat popcorn at the cinema it made my stomach feel off. So it's definitely the pop corn. How are you feeling now?
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Popcorn bothers me, and a lot of people, to eat much of. Actually I think it's what me get sick last time as it was what I had last eaten.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Thank you everyone for replying!!! I fell asleep after a panic and woke and went to work was fine all day so probably was popcorn except dun dun dun I've eaten it again tonight not reading all these responses till now and you know what I'm really bloated gurgle and full.
    not getting ill I hope as I've eaten a lot today as been trying to push myself.
    also I'll be gutted if it's popcorn it's my favourite thing and was once my safe food figures if it's been making me unwell as I sometimes only eat that.