Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help please

Default Help please

Ok so my friend just came over. We are sitting eating dinner and she says so my whole family has the sv*.
    OMG. I am now panicking. Do you think it is possible for her to be spreading it and bringing it into my house?!?
    This is my safe place and now I'm in such a panic. She didn't wash her hands when she came in. Now she's touching my sons toys.
    I know she will use my bathroom after she eats as she always does.
    Help. Do you think it's possible it's in my house now?
    I will Lysol once she leaves but now I want her gone now.
    I am panicked

Default Re: Help please

your friend is crazy selfish and I'm sorry. I would ask her to leave bc you don't want to be exposed. Lysol everything yes.

How high do you think my family's risk is? I'm so scared right now and I'm newly pregnant and I don't want to stress my body out if I will prob be okay. Hasn't the harm already Been done?
    She's like I've totally avoided my whole family and use a separate bathroom.
    Last edited by Panickygirl33; 05-09-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: .

My husband keeps telling me to relax and I'm a mess.

I think the risk is low, ie about as much as you'd get at target or something. the pro is she will be in contained spaces so you can lysol bomb the hell out of the place and it'll be fine.

don't stress. it will be ok. just wipe everything down, wash towels she uses, wipe door knobs (or spray a Lysol). maybe do a second wipe down tomorrow to calm yourself further.

I convinced her to sit outside after we ate and then made up that I was tired so she would go home. I've sprayed the kitchen table, chair, floors, door, bathroom, chair and carpet where she sat.
    I think I got everything but now I'm having a complete melt down. I just hate this because my house is where I can feel safe. Now I don't feel safe here and will be on edge for the next 72 hours. My husband thinks I'm nuts.
    I just don't even understand why she would even come. Everyone knows about my fear and it's like I'm so mad that she would coke over. My husband keeps saying well she wasn't sick. He just doesn't understand that she could be carrying the virus on her.
    I'm a complete mess right now. I'm so upset. This has completely ruined my entire weekend

I really don't think you have anything to worry about but I understand why you are so angry. I would be too. it's a huge violation and incredibly disrespectful if she did this knowing about your emet!!!

Thanks mdgirl1977 I have calmed down a little (mainly BBC my husband called my mom, so then my mom came over and helped me calm down)
    she does know about my emet but I just don't think she even thought about it. To be honest this is why I barely invite her over anymore because I am always worried about her brining in germs. My other friends would never have come over, and respect the fact that I like people to wash their hands when coming in.
    Thanks for your support.

aw good! go rest. you got a little bean in there that needs you to stay calm . get some rest.