Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default pistachio nut crisis

god I'm so scared, I bought some pistachio nuts and I had about 20 and then I pried opened one that wasn't fully matured and it was all dusty and had like two little rolled up seeds inside and there were what looked like mould I didn't eat it because I'm terriefjed that it's a bad nut and now I'm panicking thinking that the others are going to make me ill or something and I'm so scared

Default Re: pistachio nut crisis

I have had some like that and never was sick from eating the others. I would say as long as you didn't eat the moldy looking one you are fine

thank you, I hate watching what I eat constantly but what can you do ey???

I completely agree! I think back on all the food that I've probably wasted out of fear and it makes me crazy! There are also sites online that when in doubt you can always check and it usually tells you when to know food is bad to eat or if its okay.

like I won't eat chicken anymore unless it's burned to a crisp an chicken was my favourite meat!! but thank you

The thing with nuts is being in a shell its hard to see if some are deformed or not. I don't think it will make you sick since you didn't eat the bad ones!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

There's always one gross one in every single package I have ever gotten. Like half the time I bite into it before realizing it's the gross one, then spit it out. I have never ever ever ever gotten sick from them.

I'm the goof who eats the bad nut lol. I've eaten like three out of one little bag and nothing happened at all! I think you'll be just fine

I know it's scary, but I've eaten bits of mold here and there and been totally fine.

thanks everyone I was sat like a loon waiting for the four hour mark and I was totally fine x

I don't think mould is likely to make you sick. It's organic and think about cheese which is essentially extremely expired milk.

Also, despite having emetophobia just as bad as the rest here, not not one to worry about food poisoning or expiration dates and I (until Wednesday) hadn't been sick in a long time.
    Last edited by DillonAitken; 05-16-2014 at 02:08 AM.