Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Left home alone with recently sick brother?

As you all know younger brother was sick a few months ago with SV....he hasn't really been himself since. His stomach is really sensitive now, since he was sick he has come home from school complaining of stomach aches twice. My mother just left for a business trip and won't be back until Friday. My little brother says he is fine now but I still worry. I am not sure how I would react if he got sick again I am here alone with him. I know I can get through this, but the possibility is bugging me.

Default Re: Left home alone with recently sick brother?

Well I assume its been a while since he has V. And maybe his stomach is off a bit, but that doesn't mean he will again. Just keep the house clean, bathrooms, kitchen and yourself as well and you will be ok!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Maybe he as an allergy and something is triggering the pain or vomit??..Try to clean surfaces and wash your hands frequently if youre worried..I hope he gets better!

I def don't think it's a *SV again. Especially if it's a consistent stomach ache. I could be that he is actually having anxiety about getting sick just like we do and it's causing him to get an upset stomach. That's exactly what happened to me when I was little, before I understood what I was afraid of and I went to see a therapist who diagnosed me. I was complaining of stomach aches everyday and asking to go to the nurse to go home. You are completely ok, no need to worry!