Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down V*/Public Restroom

Walked into a 2-stall public restroom today. V* all over the stalls and floor.

Walked right out.

Possible I inhaled enough to get me sick in the .5 seconds I was in there?!?!

Default Re: V*/Public Restroom

oh my, sorry you had to see that. If it was there and you didn't see anyone flying out in rage, Id think it of been there for a bit and perhaps all the particles "settled"
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I am almost positive it's not airborne as long as its been there for a bit! I know how you feel, i almost stepped in a huge pile of v* on my school sidewalk recently!!

Oh no, that must have been traumatic, I'm so sorry you had to go through that Unless someone just v* right before you walked in, you'll be fine. Most likely if there was no one in the stall when you walked in, it's been there long enough for everything to have settled down on surfaces before you walked in. The particles don't stay in the air very long at all, a few minutes at most. Chances are you will be just fine.

LOL! I know it's not funny, but how clipped the post was just helped me with a picture in my head on the situation. "Walked in. Saw an atrocity of v*. Walked right out." Ain't no one got time for that! But seriously, unlikely you inhaled anything just like the others said. Also, I feel sorry for the poor bastard who has to clean that up.

Was in a restaurant or anything like that? Maybe someone ate something that disagreed with them or had too much to drink. It could be anything other than a v* so try not to freak out....

I know how you feel. I walked into a 5 star restaurant/buffet public toilet and it reaked of you know what. I refused to use that toilet and used a clean toilet which was a 10 min walk away from our table. I agree that it is unlikely you will catch anything as the v* is not contagious just sitting there. Also if it's a licensed place it is most likely someone had too much to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by AoD View Post
    Oh no, that must have been traumatic, I'm so sorry you had to go through that Unless someone just v* right before you walked in, you'll be fine. Most likely if there was no one in the stall when you walked in, it's been there long enough for everything to have settled down on surfaces before you walked in. The particles don't stay in the air very long at all, a few minutes at most. Chances are you will be just fine.
    LOL that is funny! Not that the situation you are in, altamont, is funny. It's not. I've happened upon some murderous looking vomit scenes in public bathrooms and done the same. I'd pee myself before going back in! The particles had more than likely been settled, especially if you didn't smell it upon walking in the door. I think we have super senses with this so you're probably safe!!