Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It's been along time since I have felt off, but I have been feeling like this all day, and want to know what you guys think. As you all know, I am recovering from my surgery from this past Monday, I have been off my pain meds for 2 days now, and I am just taking Tylonel, and my antibiotic. Well, anyway, I woke up this morning at about 430am. My stomach felt off. Not so much nausous, but like butterflies or minor nausea, I just flipped on the tv, and I finally fell back asleep. I had a doctors appt at 830, and I was still feeling off, so I went home and napped. I also ate a cookie about 930am and I felt fine. I woke from my nap at 230pm and I was hungry, so I ate some califlower with cheese and couple pieces of toast. I was feeling alright, so I took a shower and went to my boyfriends. Then that weird feeling came back in my stomach. I am trying to ignore it but...Anyway, I ate spagetti around 630pm, and felt just ok, then I ate a piece of chocolate cake around 830pm and now my stomach is doing flip flops. I am at my boyfriends still, and I don't want to go into a panic attack, its been months since I had one, and I don't want to relapse.

Anyway, I am thinking that maybe I might have picked up something?? Yesterday I had to go to a clinic for a physical for a new job, and the place really grossed me out. I had to sit in this little enclosed booth for a hearing test, and it bothered me really bad. Am I just being paranoid or what?? It has been literally months since I paniced about v* and now I am all of a sudden slighly feeling scared. I can't tell if this is real nausea or anxiety. Its been hours since Ihave been feelingsick, so if I was going to v* would I have by now?? I tried to act like nothing is wrong, that is why I ate, and actually I had an appetitie, but I wasn't hungry, I just don't want to step eating again cause this phobia.

So, am I having an anxiety attack, could it be I picked up something, or could I feel sick from my surgery and meds?? Just wondering what you guys think, oh yea, a side note, I had really bad dizzy spell all day yesterday, and I could barely lift my head it was so bad, but that is better today.

Any advice would be appreicated

Michele

If you were sick, you would have V*d by now and I doubt you picked up something. I think between the tylenol, antibiotics and stress with new job, you are just worked up. Settle down and try and relax. Know that you aren't going to V* and that gets one thing out of the way and then go from there. Watch some great T.V. or listen to music or chat with your BF.

I hope you feel better. I know how we get so worked up over a slight stomach thing and all people get pains, gas, bloating etc. and they don't V*.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Thanks, its weird, I havent felt like this in so long, and I just don't know why I feel like this now. My boyfriend is at work, but will be home soon, so I will talk to him then. Plus, I think my stomach just growled for chocolate cake, but then when I think about it, my stomach feels so off. It doesen't help I have pain in my abdomen from surgery either. Hopefully I am just reading into all this too much. But I am very proud of myself for eating when I felt this way, even if I do v* it up, at least I tried to act normal. Edited by: mitch04133

You probably just still feel off from having surgery. And eating weird. You did eat weird LOL!!!! Feel better
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

mommy, i was going to say she ate weird too, but i thought about when I was younger, i did eat strange foods and whatever sounded good at the time. I think as moms, we are so into what people should eat that we lose site of the fact that if we could get by with it, we would eat that way too. I know my son would if I let him.

mitch, hope you are better today...i'm sure you are and just let the surgery process heal before you get to worried
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I slept ok, my boyfriend kept elbowing me in the back, but once I fell asleep, I slept solid, and I do feel a bit better. Thanks everyone.

Michele

It seems you're ok now ^_^ You're probably still recovering from your surgery, so not feeling 100%would beperfectly normal for someone in your position.

I know what you mean, though, when you haven't actually v*d for so long, you forget what it is like to feel truly sick. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Just keep taking it easy.

Glad you're feeling a bit better. What and when you ate probably didn't help the dodgy feeling either! Eating light foods little and often would be a better idea as it wouldn't overload your stomach. Still, we are tempted to eat strangely when we feel like that!

Ok, I just caught this...your bf? The one that you broke up with? or do you have a new one? Or am I completely confused and getting you mixed up with someone else???????

No, I am back with the one that broke up with me. We talked through alot of things, including my emet, marriage and kids, and we got things sorted out. He was scared, and handled things completely wrong. Now that we talked through things that neither one of us would bring up before, our relationship is more open, and communcation is even better. In fact, breaking up and figuring things out was the best thing that could of happened to us. It's weird, and some people might think I am dumb for giving him a second chance, but I think if I did what he did and I was sorry and wanted to change, I would want one more chance. But I did make it clear that this is the last chance he got. Thanks for asking.

Michele

Michele, we certainly can't judgea relationship from what tiny pieces we can conclude from posts. If he makes you happy and is treating you right, then I am happy for you

BTW, how are you feeling?