Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Total Panic! Help!

Hi all... I rarely post but I am really panicked right now and I don't know what to do. I just went with my husband and daughter for ice cream. I thought mine tasted a little sour, but not awful. When I got to the bottom of the cup it smelled terrible.... Like sour milk. I am utterly petrified I am about to have a bout with food poisoning. Can anyone shed some light on this? As with all of you I'm sure, someone could be holding a loaded gun to my head, and I might not be much more terrified than I am now. Please help!

Default Re: Total Panic! Help!

I would say it would depend on how old it is. Even if it is really bad it is quite possible it would only give you diarrhea. How are you feeling right now and how long ago did you eat it?

Thank you so much for responding... such a panic. I feel ridiculous! It was actually at a local ice cream shop. It's pretty well known. I feel ok right now. I'm trying hard to focus on how I ACTUALLY feel because I get panic induced nausea all the time. It's a vicious circle. It was exactly an hour ago. I can handle d* it's the v* that I'm completely terrified of.

I remember one time drinking spoiled milk as a kids and nothing happened. Spoiled milk is used to make lots of dairy products- like yogurt and sour cream- correct me if I'm wrong. I really doubt anything beyond maybe a little d* will happen. The panic is the worse- trust me, I know. I believe with fp* of this sort, it happens pretty quickly, so if it's been more than a few hours you are almost certainly in the clear.

grrr at the parlor! Ice cream is supposed to be stress relief, not a stressor! I'm so sorry that this happened.

thank you jboo... I never even eat ice cream all that often! Especially out somewhere. I ran a half marathon yesterday and was hoping to treat myself. It would be just my luck.

I would absolutely say your going to be fine. I think if it was bad to the point of making you sick you would have known immediately. Like would have tasted bad enough to not be able to eat the rest. If it's been an hour already and nothing at all you should be fine. Try to stay calm

Thank you so much... I truly appreciate it. I hate this fear!! I've had it since I was a child. It's worse now that I have my own.

I completely understand. Thats how mine is too. I was fine for the longest like 12 years then all of a sudden it came back worse than ever. I hope it decides to disappear again soon

Thank you!