Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default dentist office, sick child!

I went with my sister and her two nieces to get their check up and while in the waiting room some mother starts joking to the assistant that she didn't know if she should have brought her sick child in or not. They said he was throwing up like crazy. Pk, I started panicking cause he was touching everything I am in th car now, worried sick. On top of that I ate taco bell and haven't felt right since then. Plus I've been up since 3 pm yesterday. Ahh. I am a nervous wreck and I have no purell and no way to wash my hands out in the car.

Default Re: dentist office, sick child!

When did this happen? and how are you feeling now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

good lord what a terrible mom. bringing a kid to a facility that involves placing items in multiple kids mouths! yeah, not cool.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????? You're not going to get it, he may have touched everything but YOU DIDN'T. If he had had his hands inside your mouth I'd be concerned, but that didn't happen. Still though, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????? ???????????

That is terrible parenting and being extremely inconsiderate to both the child and others she will have exposed to the germs. I mean, come on, especially a dentist office, that's probably the worst place to bring a sick child. Even with all the sanitizing and changing gloves they do, it could spread like wildfire to the other patients. You, on the other hand, will be fine if you wash your hands when you get home. You can definitely avoid it, but others in the clinic might not be so fortunate if they don't take precautions. I really have a poor opinion of people like that.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I quickly got home and washed my hands first thing. I think I got more mad that my 2 year and newborn niece was around it, other young children as well. I know it's not the boy's fault, the mother seemed pretty ashamed because the boy kept bringing it up. My aniexty was through the roof, but now I'm feeling better and my sister and nieces seem to be doing alright. I'm hoping I can get a break, this aniexty is just exhausting.