Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I think I did something bad

So this morning I had my therapy session, and I had rode my bike there. When I got in she asked if I wanted some water and I said yes . She said she got it from the bathroom sink just down the hall. In there was those little paper triangular cups. I got one and took a drink out of it... later realizing. Its IN the bathroom. What if some ones poop particles, or vomit particles are on it. What If I get sick from that? She, my therapist, said no one has been sick there. But still.... why did I take a cup of water from the bathroom. Its a small bathroom too. UGH. Now I am so scared I'm in this waiting game now. SHIT. I'm so mad at myself!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: I think I did something bad

Hi there, I don't think you have too much to worry about. I don't think she would store the cups on top of the toilet. I did the same thing last week- I was freaking out, and my therapist said I needed some water to calm myself down. I was so anxious that I just drank the water she gave me. That was a week ago, so I ended up being fine!

The paper cups in those dispensers are always inverted, so nothing can get inside them. You'll be fine, don't worry. Also, I doubt many people go to their therapist's bathroom while sick or even in the days afterwards. There is no risk, really.

no the cups were over by the door. BUt still in a small bathroom, they were in like one of those metal holders too.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

totally fine. they are inverted or in a container. I always drink out of bathroom cups.

thanks you guys for the support. Im still just really scared :-( I didn't have the best day, and Ive been really emotional. MY fingers are crossed you all are right!

- michelle

Check out my daily blog