Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Not sure if sick or stressed or what

At school we're doing finals so I might be stressed out, however I don't really worry much about school usually so I doubt it. For the past 8 days i've been waking up with horrible gas pains and a feeling of "OOOOOWWWWWW THIS HURTS" and twice now it has gone away when I farted but three days ago I got up cause it was normal after I farted but about ten minutes after getting out of bed I had the WORST gas pains ever, I was paralyzed for a good minute. All day I've been burpy and around noon I had a strange sweet liquid in my throat when I swallowed. I had the oddest feeling of "What is this.... Am i hungry? or tired? or sick? stressed? what?" and I ate some cookies and bready-cracker snacks and felt better, but then later (about ten minutes after eating) I went to have lunch and got food but it just was gross, I didn't feel like eating. I went home later (about an hour later) and felt weird again. Now i am eating some cashews and hoping I'm just hungry. I was sitting and reading earlier with my dog and I smelled really strong v* smell but I think she just farted. The pain in the day is surrounding or about an inch above the belly button. Sometimes it also starts about half an inch to my left side of my belly button to my pelvis area (right where my left leg connects to my crotch) sometimes rubbing it helps but other times it just makes a weird feeling in my throat. ALso I am constantly feeling like I need to burp or have a hot liquid at the back of my throat, probably due to acid reflux. I have IBS too... Am I sick? How do I stop it? HELP ME???

Also I am not afraid of dying, I even would like to die, so that isn't what makes me fear v*. I don't know why but people saying "Oh, its just a few minutes, you won't die" won't help because it would actually help if I did die rather than get sick.

p.s. Sorry about grammar, I'm usually very good, but I'm in a state of panic right now.

More info: I am a youngish teen girl who has had emetophobia since at least 2nd grade, maybe earlier. That is just my earliest memory of it.

HELP!!

Default Re: Not sure if sick or stressed or what

it actually sounds like you have acid reflux. combo of burping/farting, full gassy in the am (you may be swallowing air in your sleep when the acid is rising) and then the feeling/taste in your throat. can you get a hold of some pepto or tums? that should help a lot.

good luck with finals!

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    it actually sounds like you have acid reflux. combo of burping/farting, full gassy in the am (you may be swallowing air in your sleep when the acid is rising) and then the feeling/taste in your throat. can you get a hold of some pepto or tums? that should help a lot.

good luck with finals!
    I don't want to heighten the chances of me getting sick though... I read that you lower the amount of acid in your stomach with tums and that same acid kills sick germs? Is there any truth to this?

not true. acid eats away at your stomach and esophageal lining. better to reduce it to a normal level. right now it sounds excessive.