Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My mom has a SV!! I'm freaking out right now! :'(

Ok so literally like 5 minutes ago, my mom started v*ing out of nowhere and woke up this morning saying she didnt feel good. I'm a wreck and freaking out because number one...shes v*ing and I heard it because I wasn't expecting it so couldn't run outside or leave...and number two...I touched the mouse of the computer she used and without thinking put my fingers in my mouth to bite my nails!!! Now what if I get her SV?!? :'( She hadn't v*ed yet when she was using the computer but still...is it possible I could have her virus now Iif that's whats wrong with her?? I just went around my entire house lysoling everything...help!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Default Re: My mom has a SV!! I'm freaking out right now! :'(

She's only contagious when she starts V or having D. You're going to be just fine but just wash your hands before eating or touching your face. Also, it's good that you're sanitizing. Just remember that it is passed from V or feces to mouth, nose, or eyes. As long as you don't make that connection, you can't catch it

I'm so sorry! Just do your best to wash your hands often, don't touch your face and don't use the bathroom she is. Prayers!!!

Well...now I'm really freaked out because I touched my face! And she was just doing the v*ing in her bathroom but then one time my dad was in hers and she had to use mine!!! Do I need to like bleach everything and throw away my toothbrush and stuff??? I think I'm gonna go stay with my sister tonight...

Yeah, I would get a new toothbrush if it is sitting out on the counter next to the toilet. Just wash hands alot, don;t touch stuff and shove hands in your mouth or nose. I think you will be ok but be careful. Sorry about your mom hope she feels better soon.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! yes, defiantly get a new toothbrush. Anything that would go in your mouth, get new, cups, toothbrush etc. Tomorrow I would bleach the heck our of the bathroom and lysol spray after. I'm so sorry, I hope she feels better soon and you and your Dad avoid it! Maybe you can stay with your sister a few days?

Well my mom finally stopped V*ing yesterday morning around 7 AM. When exactly will we all be in the clear of not contracting this...how long do I need to be paranoid because as of now I'm still a wreck and super paranoid and having my own stomach issues just from anxiety and being nervous...!

The typical rule is 72 hours 48 being the average though. *hugs* keep us posted!! Just keep those hands clean!

Good luck. It's proven that an sv* can be limited to just one family member so I think you'll be okay. Bleaching, Lysol, and washing your hands a lot will keep you safe.

Thank you so much Leslie735!! I was starting to be a little less paranoid last night since my mom was feeling better (but still being super clean tho!!!) until this morning...MY DAD GOT IT!!! :'( he started to V and had D really bad all day today...we actually had to call an ambulance to my house for him because he was so dehydrated he passed out and started with a small seizure...no one was allowed to even THINK about going in my room or bathroom today and will not be allowed for the next week or so. I had to leave today and go out with my boyfriend because I just couldn't take another day of dealing with this SV...I stayed here with my mom Thursday and yesterday and was a wreck...I just started crying when my Dad started with it..I was so happy it was over with with my mom and then today was my dad!!! He took care of my mom while she was sick and was right beside her washing her face while she was sick and so I'm guessing that's why he caught it??? I'm losing my mind...I'm so scared!! I didn't go anywhere near my dad, or the bathroom they've used and I wash my hands every time I have to touch something. I've cleaned my bathroom and bedroom constantly...I actually just got done bleaching and lysoling my bathroom and door handles and light switches again (and it's 2 AM...HY AM I EVEN AWAKE?!) even though neither one of them have been near my stuff. I've gone through two big bottles of germ-x thus far and I can't sleep...prayers would be so appreciated! I need this virus GONE so my life can be normal again!! :'( :'(

Quote Originally Posted by BKaifos15 View Post
    Thank you so much Leslie735!! I was starting to be a little less paranoid last night since my mom was feeling better (but still being super clean tho!!!) until this morning...MY DAD GOT IT!!! :'( he started to V and had D really bad all day today...we actually had to call an ambulance to my house for him because he was so dehydrated he passed out and started with a small seizure...no one was allowed to even THINK about going in my room or bathroom today and will not be allowed for the next week or so. I had to leave today and go out with my boyfriend because I just couldn't take another day of dealing with this SV...I stayed here with my mom Thursday and yesterday and was a wreck...I just started crying when my Dad started with it..I was so happy it was over with with my mom and then today was my dad!!! He took care of my mom while she was sick and was right beside her washing her face while she was sick and so I'm guessing that's why he caught it??? I'm losing my mind...I'm so scared!! I didn't go anywhere near my dad, or the bathroom they've used and I wash my hands every time I have to touch something. I've cleaned my bathroom and bedroom constantly...I actually just got done bleaching and lysoling my bathroom and door handles and light switches again (and it's 2 AM...HY AM I EVEN AWAKE?!) even though neither one of them have been near my stuff. I've gone through two big bottles of germ-x thus far and I can't sleep...prayers would be so appreciated! I need this virus GONE so my life can be normal again!! :'( :'(
    More than likely that is why your dad got it, if he was caring for your mom and wasnt super ocd clean like us emets he probably made a simple everyday error... you WILL be fine.. keep up with your hygiene, dont put your hands in your mouth etc and all will be ok!!!

Oh no, I'm so so so sorry to hear about your Dad!! Is he ok now? I hope he gets to feeling better very soon! Also, I'm so sorry you are so scared, I would be to, no blame there. Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be ok. I went through the same fear you are earlier this week. My oldest son was v* for about 12 hours on and off (this past Monday). I was washing my hands like mad crazy and lysoling up a storm. Keep us posted!!! *hugs*

So how are things going? You've been on my mind the last couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    So how are things going? You've been on my mind the last couple days.
    Thanks for asking! My dad and mom are both doing much better but sadly since my boyfriend went into the bathroom and was taking care of my dad thru his episode (my boyfriend is a paramedic so instinct kicked in for him) he wound up getting it the very next night around 10 PM while he was at my house. He had to stay here because there was no way he could make the drive home with how sick he was with V and D every 10-15 minutes and we didn't want the bug spreading to his family. He stayed Sunday night, and yesterday and went home today. I was all clear and hadn't had to mess with anyone sick....until he got sick. There was no way I was gonna make him fend for himself with how pitifully sick he was...so...I grew a pair and took care of him all night that night (thru the V and the D) and yesterday. Love conquers all I guess and I just had to be there for him! He was much better today and I was still super clean, kept my hands clean while taking care of him and did a super crazy cleaning of our house yesterday! :P

Oh honey, you did great!! That's a victory right there!.. Soon this nightmare will be a distant memory. So sorry you're being tried so hard, thinking of you!.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Good for you!! Sending stay well vibes your way!

How are you this morning? Hopefully staying well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamafear View Post
    Oh honey, you did great!! That's a victory right there!.. Soon this nightmare will be a distant memory. So sorry you're being tried so hard, thinking of you!.
    Thank you so much! I'm super proud of myself and I can actually say that I feel a lot better about my fear...I know it's only going to get better from this point on!

How are you this morning? Hopefully staying well!
    Thanks Leslie735, I'm still doing just fine! Everyone is doing much, much better, and I'm finally over the anxiety! :P I really feel like I overcame a huge obstacle and I'm actually pretty excited lol.

God I'm sorry but this post really really freaks me out! I absolutely couldn't handle the severity of this bug or the possibility of passing out from it. I hope your doing ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kam142 View Post
    God I'm sorry but this post really really freaks me out! I absolutely couldn't handle the severity of this bug or the possibility of passing out from it. I hope your doing ok?
    Kam142 it was definitely a very trying and tiring time for me but, strangely enough, it was totally worth it. I'm not saying I'm totally out of the woods with my fear, but I'm definitely on the right track to recovery now. When my boyfriend first started getting sick I freaked out and demanded that he go home that very instant and was not allowed to stay there or come near me...my mom came in the room and set me straight. She said, "Look at him!! Do you think he can help how he is feeling?! Don't you think he feels pretty helpless himself with how sick he is?! How dare you treat him bad out of your own selfishness due to something he has no control over!" And I looked at him and realized she was right...and I cried. Not to be all mushy or emotional but it was the truth and I'm still hurt over how I treated him and I'm sure I've apologized over 100 times to him. He was so pale, and weak and helpless and it was unfair for me to do that to him and I suddenly was just overtaken with compassion for him. I believe it was that that helped me. He was so sick and helpless and needed me and every time he got sick I would cry because I felt so bad for him. Seriously lol. Realizing that it's something people have no control over and they are truly helpless and in need comfort and help during that time opened my eyes and is helping me overcome my fear. Love and compassion really do overcome everything and I hope my incident helps others like it helped me!

I'm so lad to hear your feeling so positive!!

So did you make it through?

So did you make it through?
    Yep I sure did thank The Lord!!! :P Everything has been fine and calm finally!! Thank you so much for your support and keeping in touch with me!

Whoo hoo!