Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Lexapro 5mg - Questions and Fear

My doctor finally convinced me today to let him prescribe a medication for my anxiety. He gave me Lexapro 5mg (Escitalopram) and stated that while people may experience n*, not many v* on it. I'm terrified to take it though. I made the mistake of googling Lexapro and v* and found a lot of people experienced really horrible n*. Some even said it would wake them up in the middle of the night, or that they'd wake up in the morning feeling incredibly n*.

I know I'm on a very low dose, but I would like people's experience with this medication.

I am told that the side effects would hit within the first hour or so, but since people were waking up n* I can't see how that is true.

I am just really scared to try this I'm as scared of n* as I am v*.

Also is there a best time to take it? I'm worried that if I take it at night I'll wake up n* or v* and I'm worried if I take it in the morning it'll make me n* or v* throughout the day D:
    Last edited by Mew; 05-22-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Default Re: Lexapro 5mg - Questions and Fear

I took lexapro at a much higher dose starting out and never had any side effects. My mom also takes it and has none, and with her medical condition she sometimes doesn't take it and doesn't have any symptoms. I also went cold turkey off it at like 150 mg and was fine. Im going to be asking my doctor to put me back on it soon.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

IF anything you will wake up groggy the next morning and it goes away.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I took it for a week or so before I had to go off for unrelated reasons and never got n or anything. Prozac made me want to v though. every body is different.

I've been totally fine on Lexapro. I really don't think it causes much nausea, let alone v*. I would take it in the morning with food, just to make sure you have no side effect. You should be fine, and it really will help you!! Go for it.

I am currently on 5mg of lexapro and I've been absolutely fine!! I've taken lexapro almost 2 years (I've switched up the doses, highest I've taken was 20mg at one point and lowest was 2.5mg) I didn't even know n* and v* was a side effect of it. I take mine in the morning or early afternoon, whenever I wake up. The only problem I have is that if I forget to take it in the morning, by nightime I have a super bad headache that feels like motion sickness but as soon as I take it, that goes away within 5 minutes. So as long as you don't miss any doses you will be fine. (: super mild medicine in my opinion (side effect wise) message me if you need any more advice(: