Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Please help! Question...

We were in the sun/heat all day Tues and wed and Thursday my daughter was fine until afternoon when her "belly hurt" she took a two hr nap and woke up fine. Played hard, ate supper and then before bed her belly hurt again. She took a shower and felt better then had a snack and went to bed and she's been fine since. No vomiting, no diarrhea.. My question is, is it possible to have a SV without vomiting or diarrhea?? I'm pannicked my LO will catch it next and I hate being anxious. My husband thinks maybe she was dehydrated from being in sun/heat and she was gassy, since she passed gas a few times after saying her belly hurt. We have family functions and my birthday on Tues and I don't want us being sick So has anyone heard of a SV with NO vomiting or diarrhea?? Thanks so much. I'm a paranoid freak sometimes :/

Default Re: Please help! Question...

I really doubt she had an SV. If she was outside abd it was hot that's more likely the cause. I feel icky if I've been out in the heat all day

Technically it's not impossible but I don't know anyone that has ever happened too. I tend to agree with your husband because that is sooo common that happens to my daughter all the time. It could be anything gas, constipated, food, hungry, the list goes on and on.

To be honest if it was a bug and all she had was a stomach ache that would be awesome and I wish they could all be like that!!

But honestly I think he's right and it had to do with sun and heat and there is absolutely nothing at all for you to worry about! Enjoy your birthday and all the other functions

Thanks for the fast responses guys! I am so sick of not sleeping and always being anxious in the winter/spring months! :/ Last time she was sick she had diarrhea and only threw up twice so I hope since she had neither we are fine