Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Throat N*/ Waking Up Anxious

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone else ever wakes up with throat nausea. This morning I woke up with tightness in my throat and a headache. I think both are from tension in my throat and neck. The throat nausea's been BAD today...I've had to clutch my throat while talking, and it's as if my throat has been getting spasms.

I'm positive it's stress/anxiety-related. My hands and legs have been shaking all day. My stomach is growling from (I'm hungry, not sick), but I have no idea how I'm going to squeeze any food down my throat.

Is there something I can do to wake up feeling more relaxed? I've gone to bed relaxed or tired every night, but I'm obviously not getting restful sleep since this has happened multiple times this week. Does anyone have a "wind down" routine that helps them sleep?

Default Re: Throat N*/ Waking Up Anxious

I get that same exact feeling!! Mine I think is due to allergies/sinus stuff, post nasal drip I usually only get it at night when lying down or in the morning when I wake up. It definitely throws me off for a little while.

Usually if I drink hot tea when I get up that helps, other than that just kind of wait till it passes. Usually within 1-2 hours after waking up everything is back to normal. As far as eating with that feeling I just force it, I have yet to find a way to make that more comfortable yet.

When that happens to me, I take an ativan, but if you don't have any of those prescribed, I also would take a benedryl, if you can stay awake from it... it helps that tightness feeling.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Thanks everybody. I ended up doing a yoga video. It had a 45 minute session to target tension headaches. (Lots of stretching out your neck, back and shoulders.) I sat up at the end of the segment and my headache was GONE. My throat felt a lot better too. The DVD is called "Yoga for Stress Relief" and there are segments for digestive issues as well. I'll be trying those soon for sure.