Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this happen to anyone else?

I've been doing really well recently however, last night it felt like a switch was flipped in my mind. All of the sudden I had high anxiety, couldn't sleep, flashbacks to bad times because of emet, and felt super panicky in general. Usually my anxiety builds up gradually so I know when I'm about to have an attack and I can prepare better for it, but this time was so random! Anyway, today I've been freaked out all day over what happened, it's like I can never let stuff like that go. I'll think about things until I start to feel them or worry about them until I panic. Example: when my anxiety is emet related it's like I can't help but think about being sick or feeling n*. Obviously I don't want to feel those things but it's almost like I can't control it. Does that happen to anyone else? I feel like I'm going insane and I'm so tired of dealing with this stuff. :(

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes this happens to me. Anxiety always hits me out of no where sometimes and its like a brick wall.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

yup, anxiety comes in cycles with me too. I feel awful for a few weeks, then good for a bit, then bad again. I also had an uptick in stress recently (8 out of 9 days with my son alone)...now he is with his dad for the weekend so I hope I can get back to lower stress tomorrow or Sunday...before he comes back!

Yep. Like one time I was sitting in the car waiting for someone and all of a sudden I got really anxious. I was completely fine before that. Its so weird.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥