Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panic attack !!!

as you can probably tell I've been Doing so well recently but today something's shifted and at about 5:00 I started feeling shaky but put it down to not eating much so I ate even though I still felt kind of rubbish and now I'm lay down absolutely terrified and shaking and feeling n* and dizzy and I can barely breathe my family has guests down stairs and I can't go down and I'm on my own and I have an exam tomorrow an I'm so scared someone help what if I've eaten something bad or caught something

Default Re: Panic attack !!!

Well honestly you seem like you may just be having a panic attack. I know that feeling and I've had almost six this week. I would recommend trying to get a prescription for Ativan (lorazepam) because it's really helpful for panic attacks. Stay strong and good luck on your exam <3

thanks jillybug I've calmed down a little but can't seem to sleep, luckily it's an afternoon exam so I get to lie in and get a little studying done in the morning if I can, hope you're ok too ^__^ x

Lorazepam also really helps if you can't sleep, it's often prescribed for people with insomnia due to anxiety. Doing something that makes you happy and distracts you will definitely help. I'm glad you've calmed down. I'm feeling pretty good actually. <3

the one thing is though is that I keep producing loads of saliva,and you know when you feel n* and you just don't want to swallow? does this mean that because I'm producing saliva I'm ill,?

How are you now?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

a little better thank you, I've had some toast but I still feel queezy unfortunately, hopefully it'll die down by the time I get to school x

Whenever I have a panic attack I usually feel bad all day and sometimes the next day. If you can do something to help distract you it will help break your thought pattern. I read, watch a feel good movie, pray, talk on the phone with a friend. Hang in there even though it feels like it won't end it will
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made