Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Any other ladies have this problem?

Sorry if this is tmi but I just wanna know if anyone has a similar problem. Every time I'm on my period, I get n* and completely lose my appetite, especially towards the end of it and for a couple of days after too. And my anxiety is always through the roof.

I'm not sure if the n* is causing the anxiety or if the anxiety is causing the n* I guess but its seriously so weird. I wasn't like this before but as I've gotten older its something I've noticed, for the last year or so.

Anyone else have this/have tips? I hate feeling totally hopeless for a week and a half every month.

Default Re: Any other ladies have this problem?

That happens to me EVERY month some worse than others, that's really the only way I know it is coming since its very irregular. For about 3 days before my stomach is always off, nauseous, constipated, bloated, nasty indigestion, increased anxiety and also things that usually wouldn't trigger me turn into a trigger. I guess it makes the anxiety hypersensitive.

Most of the time I have found that as long as I keep my stomach full, frequent snacks, don't skip meals, drink a lot of fluids and make sure I find time to do things I enjoy no matter what is going on that really helps. There have been a couple months that this hasn't worked and no matter what I just felt sick and I usually just do things that help me to stay calm and distracted and whatever I crave eating I eat it right then.

I also get the same symptoms around the time that I ovulate which never happened before it just started doing that about 2 years ago out of nowhere. Its not as bad as it was but it is still noticeable.

Also a heating pad and a hot bath seem to help too. Not only for the cramps but to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by AIR32 View Post
    That happens to me EVERY month some worse than others, that's really the only way I know it is coming since its very irregular. For about 3 days before my stomach is always off, nauseous, constipated, bloated, nasty indigestion, increased anxiety and also things that usually wouldn't trigger me turn into a trigger. I guess it makes the anxiety hypersensitive.

Most of the time I have found that as long as I keep my stomach full, frequent snacks, don't skip meals, drink a lot of fluids and make sure I find time to do things I enjoy no matter what is going on that really helps. There have been a couple months that this hasn't worked and no matter what I just felt sick and I usually just do things that help me to stay calm and distracted and whatever I crave eating I eat it right then.

I also get the same symptoms around the time that I ovulate which never happened before it just started doing that about 2 years ago out of nowhere. Its not as bad as it was but it is still noticeable.

Also a heating pad and a hot bath seem to help too. Not only for the cramps but to relax.
    Good to see someone can relate. It's seriously so frustrating. Keeping my stomach full and snacking helps for me too, but like you sometimes nothing seems to help. Last month ginger lemon tea seemed to help some so maybe I'll do that again.

I'm also like this when I ovulate too but like you its not as bad. Makes me kinda worry about ever even thinking about getting pregnant if just these little hormone swings set me off so much.

Heating pad and baths help me too, but my doctor has advised me to avoid taking baths if I can because it aggravates another condition I have so I can't do that anymore.

When I was pregnant I had no issues like this at all! Certain smells and food were the only thing that made me feel sick. In all honesty my pregnancy was a cake walk compared to what I go through every month now.

It is absolutely very frustrating and I think that our phobia is what makes it seem so bad. We get even the hint of a stomach issue and that sets the mind rolling whether we are aware of it or not. Then making everything much worse.

Tea is another thing that works quite well your right! I have one its green tea with I think white tea mixed in. Very good its by celestial seasonings. Do you get horrendous cravings for sugar too? I can easily eat cookies and things like that by the case load when this is going on. And sometimes that is all I can manage to eat. It seems like when the anxiety is at its worst cookies/candy are the only things I can eat consistently with out a problem.

I get n* and just a general icky feeling about 4 to 3 days beforehand. It sucks
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I get crazy cramps, nausea, diarrhea, gas... ain't being a woman grand?

Last month I had an awful period. I was so n* really thought it was going to happen, and the cramps were horrible. The joys of being a woman
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That doesn't happen to me but the first few days of my period (first and 2nd day usually) I get gassy, loose BM's and have to go a few times in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah A. View Post
    I get n* and just a general icky feeling about 4 to 3 days beforehand. It sucks
    I'm exactly the same, I have no appetite, feel bloated, constipated, tired and grumpy, I'm 38 and it is getting worse as I get older, 10 years ago I had no pre menstrual problems at all. I think in pre menopausal

Im beginning to learn that my body does weird things when I get my period. Like normally the first few days I just feel shitty. And even now I ended yesterday Im feeling crampy today which is making me worried. Its just the in and out of hormones.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Yes, I have stomach issues before and during my period and also during ovulation. I'm so lucky! lol

I definitely lose my appetite during my period, somehow I'm never hungry. My stomach just ALWAYS feels full and bloated uhhh

I get really n* right at the beginning. I've found keeping something in my stomach helps keep the n* mild.

Yes I also get all those fun symptoms before my period too. Actually before I had kids I only had cramps now I get it all
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Literally experiencing this as we speak. It's the worst. I just tried taking ginger tablets to see if that helps. Being a woman sucks sometimes

Oh my god! I thought I was the only one with this issue, it is awful! I started having this problem when I was 27, after I moved house, and it has been going on since then, its horrible! I would feel ill two weeks before ovulation and then two weeks before period, for the whole month. Only maybe a few days of the month I would feel well. All this changed after I started taking evening primrose oil, and I really do swear by this, it worked! It reduced the symptoms a lot. When you first start taking it, it will take 6 months to reach full potential but when first start taking it you do notice the difference. Really surprised me as Ive always been skeptical of these things. Anyway I feel n* and get cramps a few days before ovulation and sometimes during it, but not so bad, and a couple days before period, sometimes a week before period for a few days and I now drink ginger (minced ginger tea spoonful of) with hot boiling water in a mug, and a few spoonfuls of sugar to sweeten it a bit, and it helps. I have a huge fear of v* since I was 3 so having this issue with the premenstrual cycle did not help at all! I get so panicky when I feel n*. I do now wonder cos I started getting this issue at age 27, if its a symptom of early menopause down the track? I am now 35.