Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nausea from Antibiotic

Hi y'all,
    So I just started Macrobid to help with a painful UTI I have and I feel really nauseous and my stomach keeps making weird noises and grumbling. I took my first pill 10 hours ago. I felt fine for the first 4 hours but then I started to feel nauseous so I took a zofran that my doctor gave me in case I have any nausea from the medication. I took it almost 6 hours ago and I'm feeling nauseous and scared again. It didn't start until I ate some dinner. I can't take another zofran for another 2 hours. Will it protect me from throwing up? I'm so scared. My stomach is in a knot and does not feel well at all. I also took the pill on a full stomach this afternoon for anyone wondering.

Default Re: Nausea from Antibiotic

macrobid made me n too for the first few doses but it gets better. UTIs also can make you n. just eat before and it will be ok. it is a pretty short dose, right? I think mine was two a day for a week or something.

Yes anti-botics will make you feel nauseous for the first cpl doses. Be sure to eat something before you take it. It helps cut down the nausea. Also your anxiety is probably adding to it. We Emets tend to have a vicious cycle of nausea and anxiety. It will get better. Try to tell yourself that it is only the meds and in a com doses you will feel fine.
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

I hope you are feeling better!!!!