Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Lactose intolerance or bug??

hello

Please can anyone help reassure me? A few hours I had some gas and then really intense cramps very low abdomen and since then I have had 3 bouts of d** which have followed very painful cramps. I took anti-d tablets and tried to eat but have since been to the toilet again so now just sipping water. I haven't drunk milk for a good number of years but have other dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt and desserts and never have an issue. I had some of a blac forest gateau though at lunchtime today which was wry rich and full of xream. Could it has been that? In worrying because a few people in my university who I am in close proximity to have had upset stomachs and /or v** in the last week or so and I'm really scared I might have it and then might v* too

Very panicky and now my body is aching too like my back and groin area!

Please help, I don't want to be sick! I'll do anything to avoid it

Default Re: Lactose intolerance or bug??

I get similar symptoms when I have milk products sometimes. I was lactose intolerant as a child when I had an issue with anxiety, then when the anxiety went away the intolerance went with it. There were only certain things I couldnt eat. Now since my anxiety has picked back up, I find more foods hard to handle. No more ice cream, cheesecake or frozen yogurt. I can have cereal with milk and eat yogurt, cheeses and thats all fine.

It could very well be from the ice cream, I would say if it stops soon thats what it is. Usually for me once the trigger is out of my system I feel alot better within a couple hours.

Thank you, it is a little reassuring to hear that.
    I really hope it is nothing else. I have had a bit of nausea with the cramps but I think this is also anxiety about being sick.

Trying to just relax and calm myself but I am worried to sleep in case it worsens during the night or tomorrow !

Oh please, mine always starts with the nausea!!! Thats the worstttt I would say for sure thats all it is!! So absolutely try to relax and stay calm you will be fine!!!

My son and husband have issues with lactose and your symptoms sound very similar to the two of them. Given that you haven't had milk in so long I think it would be coincidental to have a bug the same day as having milk after so long. Try to relax, I'm sure you're fine!

How are you now?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."