Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Sudden stomach/back pains after eating an apple??

Hey guys. I'm at work right now and I'm kind of freaking out. I was feeling totally fine all day, eating normally and everything. About an hour ago I ate an apple and not even 5 minutes after I finished it I started getting the worst bloated stomach and gas pains, to the point where I couldn't even sit up straight. The bloated areas felt really tender to the touch too. Now its my lower back that's killing me. It hurts SO much!! Can gas cause your lower back to hurt? I'm feeling a little nauseous too but I'm hoping that's just from the pain. My stomach's all gurgly and bubbly still. I have a long commute home and I'm scared I'm gonna be sick or something. I don't have any medications on me either, any suggestions of something to pick up on the way home?

Thanks in advance..

Default Re: Sudden stomach/back pains after eating an apple??

Apples give me gas cramps sometimes too. You can really feel it anywhere depending on where the gas bubble is. My trick is if the cramps or pain moves around its gas. I'm not really sure what you can take to help it I usually just drink more water and wait it out. Gas pains also tend to make me nauseous I dont know if it is the gas or the anxiety that starts whenever I feel something though.

Yeah the pain's definitely moving around but its the worst in my back. Stupid apple! I don't even like apples, just felt like I needed it since I haven't been eating enough fruit lately

Thanks for the reassurance haha

Oh I know! I bought caramel dip and apples for my daughter and she didnt like it so I ended up eating waaaay too many and paid for it!! The more I eat them consistently the less issues I get from them. Lower back is a frequent spot for it and in my chest I get real bad gas pains. It should pass soon. Sometimes if you kind of rub and press where the pain is it helps to move it too

apples cause gas. you need to fart. seriously. it will pass. you will poop.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    apples cause gas. you need to fart. seriously. it will pass. you will poop.
    Haha yeahhh I feel silly now. But I was in pain the entire night too! That was one angry apple