Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: workk ahhhh

Default workk ahhhh

So my aide at work today had told me that she had a SV on monday but it was the poops. she said it was a fast one that only caused that and dizziness. She had it monday and felt better on tuesday. My anxiety is high but that can be due to many factors, this being one. She said that she gets anything that deals with the stomach all stomach illnesses. She said some people are sinus and some are stomach. is that true? I am all sinus

Default Re: workk ahhhh

I don't think that is an actual fact, although that would be nice since I too would be a sinus person. It may be that some are more prone to one or the other or both. I think it all depends on immune system, body, and hygiene. Not to say that those who are prone to stomach issues are not clean, it doesn't just depend on that. I think it is more a combination of factors.

There has been some talk about certain blood types being resistant to noro, but no conclusive evidence I believe. Some people are prone to sinus issues - true, but there is no 'one or the other' rule. As far as the stomach thing, I think some people have good hygiene and/or have low risk of exposure in their lifestyle ( job ,whether or not they young kids etc) and therefore rarely catch sv's*.

Quote Originally Posted by AIR32 View Post
    I don't think that is an actual fact, although that would be nice since I too would be a sinus person. It may be that some are more prone to one or the other or both. I think it all depends on immune system, body, and hygiene. Not to say that those who are prone to stomach issues are not clean, it doesn't just depend on that. I think it is more a combination of factors.
    I totally agree. US Emets are BIG on hygiene
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

so you guys think i am in the clear? lol

Do you have symptoms or are you just anxious? I would suggest keeping your hands clean is your best protection. Keep in mind just because she was sick doesn't mean you will be. A lot of people get the poops and say oh it was a bug, when really it could have been due to some other cause. Also she could have been dizzy from dehydration due to diarrhea. If people don't have an obvious cause like "Oh I had ice cream and I'm lactose intolerant" to relate it to they just assume it must have been a bug. It's possible that is true in her case. Try to stay calm and keep this in mind!

No, I have not had any symptoms of needing to poop my brains out or anything. haha, I do wash my hands a lot considering we work in a school. All that is going around right now is sinus issues. She had it Monday so I figured I would have had to have had it by now.