Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New meds, theatre tonight + panicking!

I'm on my third day of Escitalopram now, and yesterday, I wasn't hungry at all but did eat. Today I have had several bouts of d* (with a period of time in between). I'm taking Buccastem (prochlorperazine) twice a day as a precautionary measure whilst starting the tablets. Do you think the d* is a side effect of the Escitalopram or would it not affect me that quickly? I'm off to the Theatre tonight and my anxiety is high. Can I take an Immodium or can I not mix that with the other two medications I'm on?

Also, the Buccastem I have to take twice a day but do I need take it quite late tonight? I took my first one today around 11am. Thank you xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: New meds, theatre tonight + panicking!

Not too sure about the meds you are taking but in my opinion the anxiety you're feeling can easily cause the d*. It very well may be your body's way of adjusting to the medication. No matter the cause it's certainly not cause for concern. You'll be just fine. I am sure that Immodium would be fine to take with the your meds. Enjoy the theatre! Sounds fun!!!

It sounds more like the anxiety. Escitalopram doesn't cause D. I wouldn't take anything else unless you call your Dr first. Nausea is the most common side effect of Escitalopram. I hope you can get to the theatre
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Agree with the others. Check out these sites I got for you from rxlist (I like this site a lot)

http://www.rxlist.com/lexapro-drug/s...teractions.htm

I cannot find the other med on the site.

LOTS of meds cause d at first, so I wouldn't worry if you are able to eat and aren't feeling any other major symptoms. Anxiety about new meds can also contribute. If it becomes bothersome or you feel dehydrated or are going like 5+ times a day then I would call a dr. Otherwise just see how it goes over the weekend. I bet it resolves itself.

Hey, I may be a bit late with the reply, but I took prochlorperazine to prevent nausea and vomiting during chemo last year. I had one of the harsh, old-school chemos that causes 99% of people to be sick if they dont use antiemetics. And I didn't get sick. So my guess is that you'll be safe if you use it to prevent problems with escitalopram. (Is that lexapro? I had no stomach issues with that.)