Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach flu!!!! Help!!

I woke up today feeling exhausted and achy. As the day progressed, my appetite completely disappeared and I felt more and more nauseated.

I thought it was just one of those days, maybe PMS or something...but then came a few bouts of diarrhea and I know it's here (I haven't had it in about six years, but this is how it went last time). I feel near the point of v*...no anti-emetics or anything. I didn't see it coming, and now I'm absolutely panicking. I finished off my ginger tea earlier...I'm trapped at home!!! What can I do??

Default Re: Stomach flu!!!! Help!!

Take some deep breaths.. i always try to tell myself, "you haven't v'd yet, don't panic over something that hasn't happened yet". I know this sounds hard, but it sometimes does work for me. It at least lessens the anxiety around it. Keep hydrated, eat foods that won't upset your tummy, and maybe take a Gravol or something to help it settle.

Stay strong!

How are you now? I hope you won't throw up. I'm sorry you have it.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Quote Originally Posted by marbles90 View Post
    Take some deep breaths.. i always try to tell myself, "you haven't v'd yet, don't panic over something that hasn't happened yet". I know this sounds hard, but it sometimes does work for me. It at least lessens the anxiety around it. Keep hydrated, eat foods that won't upset your tummy, and maybe take a Gravol or something to help it settle.

Stay strong!
    Marbles is right. I know it sounds impossible but you can do this. You are strong and you have us here supporting, praying, cheering, and thinking of you (((hugs)))
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made