Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default very scared/nervous..going crazy ):

hello all, new here. currently feeling really n* with no appetite after eating some nuts earlier today. i haven't eaten in 3 hours and have not been sick for 3 years. I have major anxiety and depression and have no idea what to do to feel better. All I keep thinking about if the fact that I might v* and keep replaying the last time I did. It is so scary for me and just wish i never had this fear. Just wish I could get sick without any cares or worries. it ruins my life and especially tonight is a tough time as my anxiety is making everything 100x worse. I have no idea if this yucky feeling in my tummy is from eating quite a few nuts I had today, my anxiety, or If i am actually going to get sick. thanks for reading and sorry for the rant.

Default Re: very scared/nervous..going crazy ):

Hi welcome to the group. I am sorry you are going through this. What kinds of things have you tried to help manage your anxiety?? Most of the time for us Emets it's the anxiety Nausea that makes us feel worse. I do have Zofran on hand but I only take it when its really bad. The last time I took it was almost a month ago. I also pray, read my bible, watch a feel good movie, take a walk, talk to a friend. I hope you can find something that can help :-)
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

As psalm 139 mantioned, alot of the time this could be anxiety related, think of the positives instead of the negatives, (easier said than done, i know) you've not been s* for 3 years, there is no saying that you're gonna be now. If you feel n* then take deep breaths and go to the bathroom, to see if you need to get something out of your system (again, easier said than done, i know)
    Try and concentrate on something, stick a movie on, watch some tv.

One of the things that lways helps me i knowing i'm clean, i wash my hands religiously and carry my anti viral spray around with me, it's like another limb.
    I hope you feel okay, remember things will be ok!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi, I would just like to offer some kind words. I am just like you. This is such a difficult thing to deal with. I would suggest speaking to your doctor. There are daily anti anxiety meds (ie lexapro, which worked wonders for me years ago) and as needed meds (Xanax, or anti nausea meds) that makes this a more manageable condition. It can never hurt to speak to your doctors. I plan to see a paychiatrist soon (thus far I have only seen general practitioner). Good luck and hang in there- your loved ones may not understand, but we do.