Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emergency tips to prevent v*? HELP!!!

I know this info is here somewhere, but I'm quite anxious and can't find it. I took some medicine that I should have avoided, and I am about to v*. There's no question of the feeling. So far I've been able to hold back, with the worst being a few stomach lurches. I swallowed one Zofran and dissolved another in my mouth before swallowing it with a tiny sip of water. I have an ice pack. I have some mint, since there is no ginger in the house. This feeling is 100% my fault! but I really want to get through without being sick. What else can I do? Is going for a walk likely to help it make things worse? When will the Zofran kick in? I want to go to bed but I can't until this is resolved. I really don't want to just let it happen and get over it. I know that'd help, but I'd be distraught for days afterwards.

Default Re: Emergency tips to prevent v*? HELP!!!

walk is good. cold fan in face. towel on back of neck. sip warm water. I'm so sorry you feel sick

Ok thanks. I was debating the walk. I know that's good for panic, but wasn't sure how good it is for nausea. I wish I had some diet coke! That always helped but I don't drink soda anymore.

Take small sips of water and maybe chew some gum. That always helps me.
    Its best if the gum is mint flavored. I prefer Extra Spearmint.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Thanks guys. I found some diet raspberry ginger ale, and although that isn't the healthiest thing, it did help. Water is what I drink all the time, and I don't like it when I feel ill. I have some aches from the stomach lurching, but I think the Zofran kicked in because I feel a lot better. Not perfect, but functional. I hate when stuff like this happens.

Hey honey. Been thinking of you, wondering how you're doing lately. I'm hoping you're sleeping soundly now and the feeling passed. xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I'm glad you were able to get through that. I have heard that cooling your body down (cold shower, stepping outside, splashing water on your face/neck) helps. A few months ago, my boyfriend had a bit too much to drink and felt n*. I put a cold compress on his stomach, and he didn't get sick.

Glad you got better. Laying still helps me with n* last time I v* was because of medication and I was ok but as soon as I stood up I knew it was going to happen so I tend to associate the two

Press that acupressure point for nausea, which is 2 finger widths below your wrist...press firmly between the tendon. It really helps!!