Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad ibs!

Default Bad ibs!

Tonight I've gone to my boyfriends house and I never usually have takeaways coz of IBS (and scared of being poisoned)! But tonight I was STARVING and there's no food in and my boyfriend was getting one so I had cheesy chips, a veggie burger and a slice of my boyfriends DONNER MEAT pizza! This was about 4 hours ago and I've just now started with really bad d! I'm telling myself it's all the grease because I never normally eat it let alone so much and the pizza box was literally soaked in grease! But I feel so sick too now I'm really really scared trying to breathe deeply but im so worried I'll v! I don't have any anti sickness tablets ATM and convincing myself I have poisoning and I'll v and it's just horrible! I'm Obvs never gonna be eating takeaways in a rush anytime soon again but I don't know what to do to get me through this panic! Help

Default Re: Bad ibs!

Eating out, after not doing it for a while will definitely throw your system off, especially the greasy stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about it, maybe take something to stop the d, and drink some water.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

it's the grease and change in diet. I never eat out and just having a few fries makes me have d. it sucks but just ride it out . you'll poop it all out and be done.

I feel so sick though with it and like I'm gonna pass out I just tried to read a book to take my mind off it and the page was like wobbling around I'm REALLY hot and have absolutely nothing to take to help still having the d I just don't want to be sick

I don't think there is much to do except let it come out. cold towel on back of neck helps. I'm sorry

I just found some pepto bismol in my boyfriends room but can't go downstairs for a spoon because I feel too light headed and don't want to wake up my boyfriend just for a spoon when he's been working all the time so I just poured it in the lid because I remember in the past the dosage was like 30mls and the lid is nowhere near that but I don't know exactly how big the lid is so I doubt it will work! I'm ranting about a medicine lid because it's taking my mind off the other stuff! I'm so tired too but definitely can't go to sleep for another few hours at least now incase I wake up v-ing!! So scared and don't know whether to take some more lid fulls of pepto bismol! Does this stuff even work??

I just tried to read again to take my mind off it and reading made me feel more sick again! Are you all sure this IS ibs from greasy food and not some crazy stomach bug and will I not be sick if it is just from grease.... Even though there was LOADS of grease! I mean even as I ate it I said to my bf 'well I guess I'll be poorly tonight' but I usually cope better than this with ibs it's not usually THIS bad!
    Also.... Someone here just sent me a message on chat but when I clicked to go to it the site went funny because I'm on my phone and so nothing came up so I don't even know the name of who sent it so if you're reading this.... I'm not ignoring you lol

I'm 99% sure it's the food since that was a new thing tonight. you can swig pepto. it won't hurt you. I'm sure adult dose is two caps. it's highly unlikely anything else, ie sv. if it was random d, maybe. but you never eat out and did a ton tonight so that's the likely cause.

This all started just before midnight.... It's now twenty to two and I'm still suffering but I think more anxiety! My lower stomach feels really crampy and everytime I close my eyes to sleep I feel like I'll v

Do you have benadryl? If you do, take some, it will not only help the N it will also help you rest.
    It definitely sounds like IBS (im not a DR so i dont know for 100%) but this exact same thing happens to me when i make a sudden diet change. Its miserable. Hang in there. It will be ok. How are you now?

A good thing to remember if you are caught without anti-N meds is to chop up some ice into chips and slowly swallow them. This makes the esophagus cold and even numb and relieves that N feeling.
    Sometimes if I am faced with N I mix the ice chips with a little ginger ale or 7-up and swallow little sips of that. This really helps me.

How are you now?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Hope you are feeling better now.
    Caz xx