Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Did something dumb

Today I went to therapy. I had to open the door with my hand (it's a doorknob) but I tried to use just the palm of my hand and not my fingertips. I started to wash my hands in the bathroom, but then she came out and I had to cut it short after only about 10 seconds. Then, without thinking, I scratched my eye! It was with my left hand, and I opened the door with my right, but I know better than that! Now I'm worried I'll get sick. It's not as bad as if I'd eaten something, but it was still idiotic.

Default Re: Did something dumb

You will be okay. I have to open the door at my therapist sometimes too and I've touched my eyes a few times and nothing ever happened. You will be okay!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I touch my eyes non stop. you'll be fine.

One of my nervous habits is rubbing my eyes, I do it 24/7, and obviously I can't wash my hands everytime I do it. I wouldn't worry about it especially since you said it was a different hand. Nail biting is my other one which is pretty bad for obvious reasons, but I have put myself in a position to be exposed so many times if I really think about it, I really only get colds and sinus infections and I work with little kids so you will be fine!