Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Can anyone please help???

Ok so I have no clue what's going on is it a bug I sooooooooo hope it isn't ( I've been doing so well less handwasshing, being around ill people et.
    But Been feeling bit jumpy and yucky but put it down to period starting (which it has today ) but then this felt different I was reading a book to the kids today when a wave of nausea hit I tried to carry on reading but couldn't ignore it and ended up having my friend takeover whilst I nipped out to the loo.
    the feeling passed and I passed a normal bm.
    i then was fine till again just now I got that feeling like a really really bad gagging feeling in tummy and throat. It's like I'm about to throw up but haven't. It's now been like this for 10-15,I s and I can feel my anxiety rising.
    i have no cramps or pain or anything just excess burping.
    could it be my period?
    any help is much much appreciated )

Default Re: Can anyone please help???

Sounds like your period mixed with anxiety. I get the gagging feeling A LOT when I am anxious. Keep telling yourself that you're fine (because you ARE) and try to focus on other things. I am 100% sure that it's not a bug! xoxo

Well I've been trying to think that and have pockets of feeling hungry but then I feel like retching when I do eat. So frustrating
    im trying to not be anxious and in fact I'm like ok ok if I'm ill I'm ill but I just don't know anymore and that's when anxiety is building. Doesn't sound like noro right? X x x

I agree. Sounds just like your period and your anxiety playing tricks on you. Take some tylenol and relax cause you are not sick!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Ah I live in the uk we don't have Tylenol what is it?
    Neither do we have zofran
    so weird to experience this feeling though not had it this bad before x

Nope, not noro 100% SURE it's anxiety. I was super anxious (for different reason) this morning and gagged all through my breakfast. I KNOW that's what it is. 10000000% sure it's not a bug and it's your brain messing with you. RELAX. You're ok!

You think? Even though I'm pretty calm I self besides this gaggy/retch thing? How do you stop it??
    i can't help but think noro even though I know I don't have any other symptoms as the urge to retch is so strong but the. I get a glimmer of hunger I just. Can't win

Ok so now my symptoms have sky rocketed they went from 'oh an annoying gaggy feeling' to 'full blown nausea and car sickness type nausea which someone once said was a sign to show it's proper ' I'm petrifiedpetrified now as I feel like I've been here before and it's waiting to happen (( feel so much worse all of a sudden. No sleep for me for a while ey

maybe you are just hungry. I often get like that where I get super nauseous then panic, then once it passes I am very hungry. The whole time though I will randomly feel like I am hungry through feeling sick. Try some crackers maybe.

Sweetheart, you've been on my mind all afternoon and anxiety induced or not, I just need to ask, how are you doing?
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I normally get gaggy when I've got acid reflux so it might be that, and it could also be your period and anxiety too. I am sure you will be ok, try not to think about it and do something to distract yourself x

Quote Originally Posted by Mamafear View Post
    Sweetheart, you've been on my mind all afternoon and anxiety induced or not, I just need to ask, how are you doing?
    That made me smile reading this I'm ok in reality life goes on.
    Turned out last night was anxiety really as woke up fine and very hungry allbeit tired. However I made the fatal mistake of eating a fair few amount of pea pods and bread (which I'm not really meant to have) my insides are doing somersaults I don't have pain or cramp just it's so gurgly and it really loud it feels like an ocean inside I'm meant to be going out tonight but I keep having loose bowel movements so I'm scared. Is this noro or is it to many peas I also had a nap as felt so tired this afternoon. WaaA

From what I read, as long as your insides are gurgling, you're fine as digestion ceases when IT is about to happen. Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong!.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

tylenol=paracetamol for future reference!

It really sounds like you're having funky period hormones that are making you anxious/bloated. just try and distract yourself!