Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You create it.

Default Re: You create it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    between this thread about religion and its healing powers and our new lurker with fetishes freaking me the hell out, I am leaving the board. This is too nutty for me. Best of luck to everyone!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

between this thread about religion and its healing powers and our new lurker with fetishes freaking me the hell out, I am leaving the board. This is too nutty for me. Best of luck to everyone!
    Don't go mdgirl, I love your posts, you tell it how it is without the bull****!

Quote Originally Posted by Healed View Post
    Instead of taking the drastic step of leaving the board, why don't you just ignore my thread and the fetish person and stick to the topics you like? That's a little arrogant of you to take your ball and go home when someone posts something you don't agree with, isn't it? It's a big message board. There's room for both of us - for all of us. Don't go, not for those reasons.
    MDGirl, and the rest of us have seen a lot of newcomers 'plunge in' (without taking time to settle into IES) with some pretty heavy posts and, as you can imagine, this can really shake a support forum up. This place matters to a lot of us and lately, it's actually scary.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyfreelife View Post
    So funny MDGirl, you can't leave us after watching that!!

Facebook Donna Mutch

I agree with the sentiment here...

It seems whenever the topic of how we cope or how some choose to seek treatment comes up it sparks a debate. We need to remember that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. We also need to try not to make generalizations. That being said her belief in God doesn't bother me near as much as the creepy guy and his fetish. Im not religious but whatever helps someone to cope is not for me to judge as it isn't harming me. Does anyone moderate this board? I personally feel that the lurker does not belong on this board. I'm sure there are places he can go to find people like him, but here is not appropriate. There are children here and this is not a place to graphically discuss your sexual fantasy and it makes me sick to think he could be getting off on our post. Sorry for the rant, mdgirl please don't go.

If god heals us, then why do children get cancer and die? That, right there is why I don't believe there is a god! Plus it is hard to believe in something I can't see. I watched a friends 2 year old die from cancer. Aaack!! religion makes me feel sick.

Thank you for sharing this, Healed Very proud of you!! I hope to get to where you are, someday! Instead of praying to never feel sick, I should pray to not be afraid of the day when I do get sick.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Quote Originally Posted by catlynn View Post
    If god heals us, then why do children get cancer and die? That, right there is why I don't believe there is a god! Plus it is hard to believe in something I can't see. I watched a friends 2 year old die from cancer. Aaack!! religion makes me feel sick.
    You've nailed right there why I can't do religion. I can't fathom there being a higher being when children... Well anyone for that matter, are dying from horrific things like cancer... I just can't get my head around it. That, and some religious people really annoy me with the self-righteousness towards people who aren't religious.

Mental illness isn't something that is 'created' by the sufferer. Not at all. Sure, some of us don't help ourselves all that much with our actions and the like but to say that it's created by the sufferer. That's cold.

whenever religion or sex is involved as a topic, there's bound to be a debate.

I think it's great Healed has found what works for her. Isn't that the point of all this madness?

I don't think her method would work for me. Like most of you, I tend to lean on the scientific method of solving this problem. I have an advanced degree in Psychology and Biology and studied the brain in most of my undergrad classes.

I just wanted to add my thoughts on the "create" debate. A few others have added that we "create" this phobia subconsciously as an involuntary, overactive response to fear from an associated stimulus that we have trouble controlling. I agree that we feed the fear by our ever repeating thoughts over and over in our minds. I believe some of us are born with a greater susceptibility to anxiety, and our phobia is "created" when we associate the vomiting with a negative experience. In that sense we do create it ourselves, even if we are not aware of it.

I will tell you that it IS possible to control your thoughts. I know several posters wrote about not being to control this. I was sooooooo obsessive about 10 years ago. I had the OCD questions about vomiting in my head 24 hours a day ( Does he look sick? Why is she laying down? I can't share my food with anyone else. Does this hamburger look cooked to you?) over and over and over and overrrrrrr. What I did do, was stop myself. I would consciously replace a thought with the opposite one whenever I would start obsessing.

After every Hamburger bite I would look at it and think it was pink. Not kidding....after every bite. I told myself...okay, I can only check for 3 bites of this hamburger. I would take a bite, and say to myself, this hamburger looks cooked. (instead of not cooked). This took a looooooong time. MANY hamburgers....haha. Many different situations. I worked myself to checking one bite and that was it. This was the way I started to retrain my brain. I CREATED NEW THOUGHTS.

I'm not cured. No. Do I let emet stop me from living my life? Hell no. I no longer obsess and that worked for me.

my point is that I think we are all here to reach the same ending. Great to those who are making progress or have gotten there. I don't agree with following the bible method, but if it works for one other person than I'd say Healed has done her job in sharing.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Quote Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
    my point is that i think we are all here to reach the same ending. Great to those who are making progress or have gotten there. I don't agree with following the bible method, but if it works for one other person than i'd say healed has done her job in sharing.
    thank you.
    I know how you feel . . . and I am bigger than that. ―GOD

Why is it so hard to just congratulate Healed on what worked for her without throwing in all the negativity. Those of you that do not agree with religion or believing in God, that is FINE, no one said you had to at all. That is strictly your opinion.

For those of you that do not agree with it, why must you make very negative comments relating to it on a post that is telling that her faith in God is what healed her. Say congratulations and MOVE ON or say nothing at all. I understand that religion and God is a touchy subject, but please save the negativity for a separate post.

I do believe in God, and to be honest I am hurt to see some of the comments on here. The original message of this post has been torn apart and made in to something it was not mean't to be.

I would love to be able to come back to this post to see if there are any more comments about how having faith may have helped someone else also.

If you think that we don't create our fear day after day by our thoughts and actions, that is 100% fine, but why not open a new thread about it where that is the TOPIC. If you would like to discuss views on whether you think God exists, then open a thread for that and discuss it there.

All I ask is that we reserve this post for ways in which faith may have helped you just to keep it positive for those of us who are seeking help on this topic and this area.

I am sorry if anyone is offended or rubbed the wrong way by this, I would just like to be able to check this for help because I am also interested in this area and it seems like the original message is completely gone.

COMPLETELY agree AIR32...I am also offended by the God bashing...very hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    You've nailed right there why I can't do religion. I can't fathom there being a higher being when children... Well anyone for that matter, are dying from horrific things like cancer... I just can't get my head around it. That, and some religious people really annoy me with the self-righteousness towards people who aren't religious.

Mental illness isn't something that is 'created' by the sufferer. Not at all. Sure, some of us don't help ourselves all that much with our actions and the like but to say that it's created by the sufferer. That's cold.
    Totally agree with you
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My problem never was with healed believing in a god or believing her god healed her. My boyfriends parents are Hindus and so are his siblings. They believe in many gods and goddesses. I don't agree, but no disrespect. My problem is entirely with the created portion and also that people can be free from any sickness if they believe strong enough in her god. I have devout Christians in my family who have suffered much, so yeah, that did upset me a little.

I do think the phobia related OCD is created a little. However, I have OCD beyond that and believe me, the obsessive and intrusive thoughts come out of nowhere sometimes. The compulsions are much easy to control for me than obsessions. I also had ADD, not created myself. Anxiety runs in my family, so I absolutely believe anxiety and depression have a genetic link. I don't know what started the phobia for me as I was way too young, but I still don't think the initial phobia is created. It just triggers. There are times people are creating their own messes with the phobia. I get that. I've done that. But once again, fear itself is not meant to be a bad thing. Adrenaline rushes are not meant to be a bad thing. The body uses them for survival. Sometimes it just gets triggered poorly. Also, medicine. The reason SSRIs work on depression and anxiety for many serious sufferers is because the body is often not making enough serotonin. Serotonin is part of what makes people feel good/happy/relaxed, so being on low on that can cause disruption, crossed wires and lead to depression and bad anxiety. Or that's the short version of how they work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AIR32 View Post
    Why is it so hard to just congratulate Healed on what worked for her without throwing in all the negativity. Those of you that do not agree with religion or believing in God, that is FINE, no one said you had to at all. That is strictly your opinion.

For those of you that do not agree with it, why must you make very negative comments relating to it on a post that is telling that her faith in God is what healed her. Say congratulations and MOVE ON or say nothing at all. I understand that religion and God is a touchy subject, but please save the negativity for a separate post.

I do believe in God, and to be honest I am hurt to see some of the comments on here. The original message of this post has been torn apart and made in to something it was not mean't to be.

I would love to be able to come back to this post to see if there are any more comments about how having faith may have helped someone else also.

If you think that we don't create our fear day after day by our thoughts and actions, that is 100% fine, but why not open a new thread about it where that is the TOPIC. If you would like to discuss views on whether you think God exists, then open a thread for that and discuss it there.

All I ask is that we reserve this post for ways in which faith may have helped you just to keep it positive for those of us who are seeking help on this topic and this area.

I am sorry if anyone is offended or rubbed the wrong way by this, I would just like to be able to check this for help because I am also interested in this area and it seems like the original message is completely gone.
    Thank you for this. In case you missed it I started a blog and I'm posting there exactly how I used the Bible to get my healing. http://www.http://www.freedomfromfear.blog.com/

Jesus did warn us that if they persecuted Him they would persecute us, His followers, too. So every time someone attacks me or ridicules Jesus and what He has done for me, it only strengthens my faith because what the doubters and unbelievers do without knowing it is they help bring God's word to pass. By ridiculing or bashing or denying God through their mocking and bashing, they unknowingly prove God's word to be true. Jesus knew they'd do this and said so 2000 years ago here: Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also (John 15:20).

So I don't really care. I know what I know. God's word - when I applied it - is the ONLY thing that healed me - not science. Jesus IS Lord whether people believe it or not. The Bible IS God's word and in it is the answer to every problem, including emetophobia as I found out. But God doesn't heal automatically. God isn't a dictator and we're not mindless puppets - he doesn't impose his will on anybody. He gave us free will so we can choose. We have to believe and receive or we can doubt and do without - our choice - not God's. We have to do our part so God can do His. Out of desperation I learned how to do my part - I did it - God did His part as promised in the Bible - I'm healed. Period. It worked just like God said it would. And by sharing my testimony here my hope is that other believers will know that they too can use their faith to receive their healing. That's all.

Unlike AIR32 if this offends anybody, I am not sorry. If God healing me and God's word proving true in my life offends you, with all due respect, that's your problem, not mine. And I will never apologize for speaking what I have learned to be true when it comes to God. You don't have to believe, you don't have to do what I did, you can choose to receive your healing through whatever method you like, you can worship whomever or whatever you like or not believe in anything at all. But I will never apologize for my faith or for sharing what the Lord has done for me. If that offends you, with all due respect - tough. I didn't offend you, you chose to be offended by something you claim doesn't even exist. Think about it.

Thank you for this. In case you missed it I started a blog and I'm posting there exactly how I used the Bible to get my healing. http://www.http://www.freedomfromfear.blog.com/

Jesus did warn us that if they persecuted Him they would persecute us, His followers, too. So every time someone attacks me or ridicules Jesus and what He has done for me, it only strengthens my faith because what the doubters and unbelievers do without knowing it is they help bring God's word to pass. By ridiculing or bashing or denying God through their mocking and bashing, they unknowingly prove God's word to be true. Jesus knew they'd do this and said so 2000 years ago here: Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also (John 15:20).

So I don't really care. I know what I know. God's word - when I applied it - is the ONLY thing that healed me - not science. Jesus IS Lord whether people believe it or not. The Bible IS God's word and in it is the answer to every problem, including emetophobia as I found out. But God doesn't heal automatically. God isn't a dictator and we're not mindless puppets - he doesn't impose his will on anybody. He gave us free will so we can choose. We have to believe and receive or we can doubt and do without - our choice - not God's. We have to do our part so God can do His. Out of desperation I learned how to do my part - I did it - God did His part as promised in the Bible - I'm healed. Period. It worked just like God said it would. And by sharing my testimony here my hope is that other believers will know that they too can use their faith to receive their healing. That's all.

Unlike AIR32 if this offends anybody, I am not sorry. If God healing me and God's word proving true in my life offends you, with all due respect, that's your problem, not mine. And I will never apologize for speaking what I have learned to be true when it comes to God. You don't have to believe, you don't have to do what I did, you can choose to receive your healing through whatever method you like, you can worship whomever or whatever you like or not believe in anything at all. But I will never apologize for my faith or for sharing what the Lord has done for me. If that offends you, with all due respect - tough. I didn't offend you, you chose to be offended by something you claim doesn't even exist. Think about it.
    People disagreeing with you is NOT persecution. As I said, I never had an issue with you being Christian or using your religion to find peace and healing. So a few people on here do not believe in your god or methods and are saying they disagree with the idea that it's created or that sickness can be gone if you they believe in your god. That's not you being persecuted. Your Jesus was supposedly hung up on a stake to die for his beliefs. You simply have a few people on a forum who don't agree with you. It's not any comparison. People are murdered for their beliefs all over the world everyday. That's real persecution.

Healed, I don't like your preaching and saying tough, to those who don't agree with you. If you are religious and you feel it helps you, fine. Please leave the preaching out of it. This is not a religious forum to begin with. I don't feel that my opinion and beliefs are bashing, sheesh!

None of us have a problem with your beliefs, we just said it doesn't work for us. Everyone has a different way of coping. Exposer therapy works for some and not for others. Some people have great luck with hypnotherapy and some don't. This is a complex phobia with many layers, and all of us experience it differently and have different degrees of it. Likewise we all have different definitions of what it means to be recovered (I don't like the word cured). If it works for you and your doing great, why does it matter if your method doesn't work for other people? I don't think you need to put people down for having a different view than you.

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    None of us have a problem with your beliefs, we just said it doesn't work for us. Everyone has a different way of coping. Exposer therapy works for some and not for others. Some people have great luck with hypnotherapy and some don't. This is a complex phobia with many layers, and all of us experience it differently and have different degrees of it. Likewise we all have different definitions of what it means to be recovered (I don't like the word cured). If it works for you and your doing great, why does it matter if your method doesn't work for other people? I don't think you need to put people down for having a different view than you.
    This sums it all up. It's a balanced and fair observation. Trouble will always brew when strong opinions are aired and really, that is all that happened.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Yeah, this was a touchy subject for a public forum and there was bound to be disagreements. Again, congratulations on your recovery, Healed, I'm sure no one is trying to take away from that.

Ok I'm sorry but I have to say something....

there are a lot of great things being said here. I actually find 'our creation' of the phobia attitude very empowering. To me it just means I have more control. healed, I'm glad that you have found something that works for you and that you've found peace and recovery. That's great, really.

i was raised in a religion that is not Christianity and have deviated away from religion in general due to my own spiritual journey. I am realllyyyy fucking tired of people thinking 'their way' is the 'only way.' Growing up not a Christian, I heard my fair share of people telling me I was going to hell. Though it wasn't super common and I didn't believe it, it still upset me because someone who I considered a friend thought less of me because of my and my family's religious beliefs.

Healed, again, I am SOOO happy for you. I think starting a blog is a fantastic idea. However, pushing your religious ideas here is somewhat inappropriate. And it's the same for anyone here telling you you're wrong for what you believe, because youre not. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. But just like you wouldn't like me telling you that god isn't real and you're stupid for believing in a god because I'm an athiest, I'm super uncomfortable with you quoting bible verses to me and telling me the way I think and what I believe is wrong, because again, it's not.

im sorry to take away from your triumph, but I just had to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    Ok I'm sorry but I have to say something....

there are a lot of great things being said here. I actually find 'our creation' of the phobia attitude very empowering. To me it just means I have more control. healed, I'm glad that you have found something that works for you and that you've found peace and recovery. That's great, really.

i was raised in a religion that is not Christianity and have deviated away from religion in general due to my own spiritual journey. I am realllyyyy fucking tired of people thinking 'their way' is the 'only way.' Growing up not a Christian, I heard my fair share of people telling me I was going to hell. Though it wasn't super common and I didn't believe it, it still upset me because someone who I considered a friend thought less of me because of my and my family's religious beliefs.

Healed, again, I am SOOO happy for you. I think starting a blog is a fantastic idea. However, pushing your religious ideas here is somewhat inappropriate. And it's the same for anyone here telling you you're wrong for what you believe, because youre not. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. But just like you wouldn't like me telling you that god isn't real and you're stupid for believing in a god because I'm an athiest, I'm super uncomfortable with you quoting bible verses to me and telling me the way I think and what I believe is wrong, because again, it's not.

im sorry to take away from your triumph, but I just had to say something.
    I feel the same way. I can't tell many people I am an atheist because doing so means I will get reamed. I live in the US bible belt, so I get to hear it all the time. My boyfriend's family are Hindus, so they get that too and it's not okay. They have as much right to follow and practice and not be reamed for their beliefs as anyone else in the US. What bothers me the most is the attitude that being Christian puts you above everyone. All our presidents in the past century have been Christians and if they claimed any other religion or none, they would not be voted in. Christianity is the majority religion in my country, yet the persecution label is what I have to hear over and over and over again. The moment someone questions whether nativity scenes at public buildings should be displayed or someone says happy holidays in December instead of merry christmas, it's all about persecution because apparently no other religion but Christianity exists and being respectful to everyone is the same as the government murdering you for your beliefs or race or culture. Totally.

Once again though, not upset with the religious beliefs of the OP and of course, if they healed/cured, great. I am working to get there as well, but not the way the OP did. I use medication, CBT, and intense exposure therapy at the moment and intend to be cured of it by the end of the year. Which is when the real test that I am cured will begin...as it will be stomach virus season once more. Then, if I feel I am completely gone of the phobia, I think I will re-enroll in college to finish that elementary and early childhood education degree I was unable to finish due to this stupid phobia.

There's just so many things wrong with this.. As others have mentioned, this isn't persecution, it's legitimate disagreement of your dear beliefs by others who are 100% free to believe otherwise. You're being overly dramatic saying it is persecution, no one is trying to stone you or trying to harm you in any way. And comparing it to persecution is extremely offensive to those who actually really suffer the evils of persecution (as in, not those who are upset because someone on a forum said they didn't believe in God, I mean those whose lives are in danger because of hate crimes). So your way to trick your brain into not giving in to the phobia was to believe in a holy being. Good for you, even though it could easily be argued that the whole healing process is nothing more than brainwashing, which taught your brain to change the the thought pattern associated with the phobia. Whatever works for you, really, it's great that you achieved your goal. Non-believers can and do achieve the same result through other methods and without faith. YOU believe Jesus is Lord, it isn't a fact. Religion is never facts, only beliefs by some people. So please spare us the "I am right and only I have the truth and you are all wrong" speech. You can go ahead and say it on religious forums where everyone will agree with you and your ego will be reinforced by it, but this isn't the place really.

As for being offensive, yes it is your problem as well. What is offensive is not your belief, it is your arrogance at telling people they are the maker of their own misery and that only through belief in your God can they really beat it because He is the absolute truth. Has no one taught you to be humble and not act this way? Even your Lord Jesus said the same of the Pharisees when they shamed the tax collectors near the temple and thought themselves purer and better because of their faith and less sinful actions. Once again, proof that religious people don't really put into action what they are supposed to be taught. So please learn some humility, share your successes and others will be happy for you, be patronizing and others will shun you with good reason.

AoD - absolutely spot on response to this insane thread. I would climb through my phone to hug you if I could.

AoD - absolutely spot on response to this insane thread. I would climb through my phone to hug you if I could.
    This thread is not insane. Emetophobia is insane. This thread, when I started it, was about how I was healed. But you, and a few others, decided to troll it with your hate of God and your need to vehemently defend your emetophobia - and that's fine. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything - I just wanted to share how I was healed. My purpose in posting at all was to encourage other believers that if they want to, they can use what's in our Bible as a self-help program and get healed too. What's wrong with that? You, and a few others, didn't just disagree, you are bashing God and accusing me of saying things I never said. And that's extremely offensive and uncalled for and more than a little hypocritical because if you want me to respect your unbelief, you should afford me the same courtesy and respect my beliefs. But you don't. You take a cheap shot every chance you get.

You hate God? Or you don't believe in God. Fine. That's your prerogative. But give me and my beliefs the same respect you demand for you and your beliefs. If you can't do that, stay off my thread and go start your own. And I'm not talking just about God, I'm talking about my belief that we "create it". That's what I believe based on what I've learned in the process of my healing.

And before persecuting me yet again for using the word "persecution" don't you guys know words have more than one meaning? Why not look it up to see how else it might be used?

persecute
    [pur-si-kyoot]
    1. to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.
    2. to annoy or trouble persistently

No wonder there's virtually no posts on this board about recovery and a million about panic and poo if this is how you treat someone who tries to give you hope by sharing how they recovered.

And mdgirl why do you feel you have a right to your unbelief but I don't have a right to mine? If you want to be respected you should learn to respect others. And didn't you say you were leaving the board? Nevermind, you stay, I'll leave. You need the support, I don't, I'm healed.

God isn't the enemy, emetophobia is.

This thread is not insane. Emetophobia is insane. This thread, when I started it, was about how I was healed. But you, and a few others, decided to troll it with your hate of God and your need to vehemently defend your emetophobia - and that's fine. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything - I just wanted to share how I was healed. My purpose in posting at all was to encourage other believers that if they want to, they can use what's in our Bible as a self-help program and get healed too. What's wrong with that? You, and a few others, didn't just disagree, you are bashing God and accusing me of saying things I never said. And that's extremely offensive and uncalled for and more than a little hypocritical because if you want me to respect your unbelief, you should afford me the same courtesy and respect my beliefs. But you don't. You take a cheap shot every chance you get.

You hate God? Or you don't believe in God. Fine. That's your prerogative. But give me and my beliefs the same respect you demand for you and your beliefs. If you can't do that, stay off my thread and go start your own. And I'm not talking just about God, I'm talking about my belief that we "create it". That's what I believe based on what I've learned in the process of my healing.

And before persecuting me yet again for using the word "persecution" don't you guys know words have more than one meaning? Why not look it up to see how else it might be used?

persecute
    [pur-si-kyoot]
    1. to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.
    2. to annoy or trouble persistently

No wonder there's virtually no posts on this board about recovery and a million about panic and poo if this is how you treat someone who tries to give you hope by sharing how they recovered.

And mdgirl why do you feel you have a right to your unbelief but I don't have a right to mine? If you want to be respected you should learn to respect others. And didn't you say you were leaving the board? Nevermind, you stay, I'll leave. You need the support, I don't, I'm healed.

God isn't the enemy, emetophobia is.
    Once again, trolling is not disagreeing with you. Disagreeing with you does not equal hate of your god. I don't believe in your god. How can I hate something I don't believe in because that's like saying I hate unicorns or fairies or fire-breathing dragons if I say I disagree that they exist and don't find help with that. As an English major, I know perfectly well what persecute means and no, you are not being persecuted.

Once again, you are not being harassed or oppressed. People disagree with you. That's not persecution. And if you are annoyed by the disagreement, that's not our fault. But it's not harassment. And no, I did not bash your god. I argued against your idea that it's created and that sickness can be gone if people believe and trust in your god. The latter of which you have not addressed. So some people don't agree with you. That's not persecution. That's all the majority of people have done on here. Disagreed. One or two people have tried to start a religious debate, but most have not. They simply said they disagree and why.

And there are many posts about recovery, but those don't get as heated because they aren't accusatory.

So, you are leaving because mdgirl came back. If you don't like someone on here, you can put them on ignore. I did it with a couple people due to another thread where it wasn't just disagreeing, but turned very, very rude towards me over vaccines. I tried to be as nice as I could and tried to be polite, but I had enough when the name-calling began. Even then, persecution never came to mind. It's a silly forum. A couple people you are upset with can be put on ignore, you never have to read their posts and you can get on with life.

I did not persecute or ridicule you. In fact, you are the one pushing your beliefs on everyone and when one person disagrees, you are crying oppression and persecution. You do not know oppression. My entire family was nearly killed in the concentration camps. You are having a little push back on an anonymous message board about the fear of vomit. Please stop saying that. It is INSULTING to those that have truly gone to the depths of hell for their beliefs. My great aunts and uncles, grandparents and cousins (infants and toddlers) were literally BURNED ALIVE in ovens and starved to death and Auscwitz and Belsen Bergen because they believed in a God that did nothing to save them. My only disagreement with you was that you blamed US for creating our own emet. If you read back, I was shockingly polite to you, in the face of your constant lashing out. Frankly, your "pity me, everyone is coming down on me" bullshit is beyond irritating and insulting. I skip over your bible verses because nothing you say is going to convert me and I doubt it will convert anyone else. All it does is confirm my beliefs.

Listen, I get it, you love God. You believe he healed you. That is awesome. Kudos. Slow clap. But I don't believe that God heals. End of story. My view, your view. Not the same, totally respect that.

You seriously need to calm down, though. Every comment doesn't require a 500 word diatribe filled with quotes from a book that, frankly, I believe is fiction used as propaganda to instill hate and fear in people that are unwilling to dispute it. But, again, that is MY belief and you don't have to understand it.

I wish you well in your continued journey.

literally no one has said that they 'hated god.' i think people are just asking you to be more sensitive when broaching religious topics. also, it kind of makes me angry that you're saying you're being 'persecuted' considering christians are like, the least persecuted group of people in the world. especially in the western world, which it seems like you're from. try being muslim, homosexual, jewish, transexual--then you can really see what being persecuted is like.

All this is exactly WHY I don't like when people post religious things on social media and message boards. You're Christian? Fine. You're Catholic? Good. But don't go spreading it all over the internet because you know damn well people are going to disagree with you and maybe say rude things. If you do happen to post about religion on the web, you have to be prepared for that and not get offended by it.

I mean, all it does is start arguments.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥