Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Family isn't well, now I'm having stomach pains :(

Hi guys,

Yesterday I had my nephew on my knee for a while, while I was on my computer. Literally about 30 seconds later he v'd in another room.. I immediately washed my hands and panicked, leaving for my girlfriends.

I've been here since, and it turns out a few of my family have had a similar thing.. I had nandos around 18:00, and I've started getting sharp stomach pains every few minutes, starting around 21:00

I do suffer from ibs but I've never had pains like this, usually bad gas, I'm really worried that I've caught this bug and I'm starting to panic as they are getting more common.

Someone please talk me down and stop me having a meltdown?

Default Re: Family isn't well, now I'm having stomach pains :(

I have no idea what nandos are? ok so your nephew was sick after he was around you but not in front of you? had he been sick prior in any way? d or anything? was anyone else sick or not until after you left? the general consensus is that you can't get exposed unless particles get in your mouth, eyes, nose, etc and those aren't present until after someone is actually sick.

I am not sure if you are just panicking or not. I try to distract myself and see if that makes the feeling go away. Can you take a walk or a drive? turn on the tv? I am not sure what time it is where you are.

Apologies, I forget not everyone is British :')

He wasn't sick beforehand, just afterwards, and nandos is a kind of spicy chicken, so it may be that that is upsetting my IBS.

I didn't know that you could only get it like that
    t, I thought if someone has it and breathes on you you can get it?

I'm sorry your family has been sick. You can't a SV from someone breathing on you. Like mdgirl said it is contagious through the V or D particles. Just be sure to wash your hands and don't touch your eyes, mouth and nose. I know for me it makes me feel better to Lysol spray. I suggest going for a walk or drive. I have IBS too and spicy food does cause me issues. Anxiety does make my IBS act up too so keep that in mind too. Hang in there. Thinking and praying for you
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Does antibacterial gel work for this kind of stuff? Considering keeping some with me all the time, a little overkill but if it works its worth it!

I'm calming a little now as I'm figuring if I was going to v I'd actually feel sick rather than just have sporadic stomach pains...

Thankyou so much for your help so far!

oh spicy chicken with anxiety will upset anyone's tummy. seriously.

antibacterial gel is ok for colds and flu but not for the sv. handwashing is really key.

No, there is no hand gel that actually really works for sv*. The gold standard is to wash hands properly for at least 15 seconds then rinse for at least 10 seconds. Try to avoid cross-contamination (e.g. touching phone with dirty hands..washing hands..then touching phone again)

How are you feeling now?

The only 2 hand sanitizers that kill noro are germ star noro and clorox hand sanitizing spray.
    Twitter: pirateprincess4
    Yahoo: pirateprincess2404
    Facebook: Erin Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by notcrazy View Post
    The only 2 hand sanitizers that kill noro are germ star noro and clorox hand sanitizing spray.
    There's the new Purell Advanced that claims to kill it, but looking at the ingredients of all brands, it doesn't really convince me they do work.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly91 View Post
    How are you feeling now?

Nearly 24 hours later and I still have stomach ache
    I had a little bit of d earlier but that might be due to anxiety.
    The stomach ache has gone from sharp pains to constant aching, I haven't eaten all day though, could this be the cause of it?

You should have something to eat as not eating won't help your stomach
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the pain you describe sounds like gnawing empty feeling. you need to eat. you'll feel better with food in you. I promise.

Try having some saltines, or toast dry. If you stomach is hurting i wouldnt have a big meal, id start of light and see how it goes, more than likely its just your ibs/nerves but to be safe stay bland... im guessing once you put something on your tummy, you will feel better!!
    Stronger than yesterday;;Weaker than tomorrow

How are you now?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Quote Originally Posted by AoD View Post
    There's the new Purell Advanced that claims to kill it, but looking at the ingredients of all brands, it doesn't really convince me they do work.
    I don't trust them enough to use my hands to eat or anything like that but I keep germstar in my car and spray my hands after leaving the grocery store.