Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sudden severe nausea

So I was making dinner and right as I was cutting up chicken a sudden wave of nausea hit me and I had to go sit outside. I'm currently sitting outside trying to breathe and relax but it's tough. I feel so nauseous and my stomach is burning now. I've never had a wave of nausea just hit me randomly like this. I'm scared I'll be ill. I had a swim lesson with a little boy who had salmonella poisoning the week before. Could I have caught salmonella from him and this is why I'm feeling so nauseous? Or could it be hunger because I haven't eaten in 7 hours? Someone please help.

Default Re: Sudden severe nausea

Were you hungry before you started cooking? Cuase if you were feeling hungry to be cooking dinner, I wouldn't think you are sick. Try to calm down outside and finish cooking, eat, and I bet you will feel better!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I made myself eat after feeling sick for 45 minutes. And I feel a little better but still bad :/ if I was able to eat then I'm fine right? I probably won't throw up?

you can't catch salmonella from a person so don't worry about that. not eating for 7 hours while awake can make you feel yucky. raw chicken makes me feel yucky in general. if you ate and feel ok I think it may have been a moment of over hunger .

Completely agree with mdgirl, If I go 7 hours with no food, my stomach burns, gnaws, gurgles, growls, extremely nauseated to the point that I turn my head and could swear something was coming. I think that since you were able to eat a little and felt some relief that is almost definitely what it is, and you might still feel kind of off because it just wasn't enough food. Try to snack on something like crackers and it may make it go away!