Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feel so sick :(

Default Feel so sick :(

Came to bed a couple of hours ago. Felt absolutely fine until a few minutes after I fell asleep and awoke with a start feeling extremely n*. I tried to ignore it cos I was so tired but this pattern continued. I fall asleep for a minute or so then wake up cos another wave of n" sweeps over me. This has now been going on for nearly 3 hours. I also have a major headache together with some stomach ache. At this point I've given up trying to sleep and am trying to distract myself with some tv and coming on this site. I'm also hot then cold which is a bit weird cos its been so humid here for a couple of weeks I haven't been able to sleep with a duvet until tonight. To make matters worse I have to get up in under 4 hours to go to work. Not going in isn't an option - I have the key to open up the practice

Anyone have any advice or experienced anything like this and survived without the dreaded v* occurring?

Default Re: Feel so sick :(

It sounds like a migraine, actually. Do you ever suffer from those? It can cause lasting nausea and makes it difficult to sleep. When my migraines get bad enough that the nausea keeps me up, I take gravol and/or lots of ginger, and I take something for the headache most of all (it has to be anti-inflammatory, so either advils or aspirin, not tylenol). Taking about 1g of chewable vitamin C helps a bit, too. I haven't v* from migraines so far, only dry heaved a few times in the past. It could be a small bug, but.. the headache would be a bit weird for a sv honestly. So maybe try the advil and if you have gravol, take some. Hope you will feel better soon, it sucks to feel sick at night

it may be a migraine, yup. sip water and watch tv, like you are. you may doze off. but tomorrow I would eat bland first thing since you have to work. ginger ale and toast or something light.

Ive never suffered with a migraine thank God but my daughter has and my symptoms dont really match hers. I've just had to go to the loo. Surely going for a poo at 3.45 in the morning is a bit odd! Still feel like I need the loo so will probably be back in there soon. My face is on fire now and Im feeling very sorry for myself. The thought of having to do a full days work is freaking me right out. I dont function without sleep.

Thank you, I hope I feel better very soon too.

sounds more like flu then. :S could be nothing tho

How are you doing now?? I hope you are doing ok at work. Thinking and praying
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Thank you.

I slept for about 3 hours then had to go to work. I managed to work the full day and it wasnt too bad but Im certainly feeling yuk. My headache is really uncomfortable and my stomach feels very wobbly.

Fingers crossed I get a really good nights sleep tonight and wake up feeling fine tomorrow.

If it's any comfort, I get periods like that where I have nasty headaches that aren't migraines, along with an upset stomach and nausea (like feeling hungover) and it lasts for a few days, and then it passes. I never vomited from that, so if you have something similar I think you're in the clear for that at the very least. Hope you feel better very soon.