I love eating out- usually try to do so as often as possible and check out new places when I get the chance. I actually try to stay away from the large chain restaurants because you can taste that their food is prepared en masse, and quite frankly it's like cardboard to me. Places like Chili's, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, etc. make me cringe- I can really only do the chain restaurants for breakfast, because it's hard to screw up an omelette, lol. I also don't eat fast food with the exception of an occasional veggie burger from Harvey's if I'm really hungry.

Bex- I hate to break it to you, but how expensive the place is doesn't necessarily have bearing as to how fresh their ingrediants are, or their health record. A friend's father is a firefighter and has been in many of the kitchens in the area where I live to deal with the occasional greasefire or inspection. He said that some of the kitchens in the expensive restaurants would make you cringe- apparently trendiness is often used as a substitute for quality. On the other hand, some of those places that looked like hole-in-the-wall mom-and-pop-type establishments were impeccably clean. It's really hard to tell- but I love food so much that I'm willing to play roulette.

*amber*