Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just went to pick him up from school and they said that he'd got a tummy ache, the next minute it was "quickly he's thrown up". So i went to see him in the loos and he looked pretty green. They gave me a brown bag to walk him home with and he was ill again. They said it came on in the last 10 minutes of school and he was being sick already!!!

I am very worried that i am now going to catch it, although i am acting totally normal around my little boy - cause he is a brave boy and didn't worry a bit about being poorly!

My question is - How many mothers have actually caught this after cleaning up after their ill children?

Thanks

Sarah.

CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

i cant say i have personally ...

but that doesnt stop you worrying

all you can do is wash your hands properly and dont touch your face or mouth ....

eat light

fingers crossed xx

My daughter had it on tues. and so far I'm ok. *knock on wood* and I held the v* bowl and everything. I washed my hands constantly and didn't eat a whole lot for a couple days. I have had alot of moms tell me that they havn't caught it from their kids. Good luck!!!
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

Sarah where abouts in the UK are you?

My colleague's son had the sv last week and was v* for about 12 hours on and off. This was a week last Friday and he has been ok so far (well hasn't had any time off work anyway), so you may be ok. I suppose it depends on the virus. I think the Novovirus can be airbourne therefore you are more likely to catch it, but if it is a regular tummy bug then i think you can only catch it if you use the same utensils etc

How is he now?
    Will this last forever????

Its only been an hour since the last time he was ill, it was only a tiny bit aswell. He's currently upstairs in bed watching the Power Rangers. He looks a nice colour at the moment. I have to admit, i am carrying a bottle of the dettol germ killer spray and spraying it wherever i go...lol!!

I'm from Essex.

Sarah.
    CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

My best friends son (14 months) was ill last week, and then her daughter (10 years) came down with a mild version. So far she is alright. My son has only had one sv *knock on wood* and I did catch it, BUT, I was sleeping with him and it was on me [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. Keep washing your hands, and sanitizing!! You should be alright.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

How are you doing now?
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

hi

my kids actually do not seem to catch alot but anytime they have been sick i have dealt with it and touch wood have not caught anything

I'm okay. I think i am resigned to the fact that theres absolutely f**k all i can do about it. If i get it, i'll deal with it then! I am however, going to be sticking with only drinking tea and the odd biscuit.

My son is now.........playing the playstation.....is this normal behaviour!???

Its the first time in 7 1/2 years he's ever had a voming bug. He's been sick when he's had a temperature and a cold, but never an actual stomach virus - i think i've done well with him being at school for 3 years and this is the first time..lol

CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

if he's playing the playstation i think you might be safe - maybe he over ate or something at lunch. If he was only ill a little bit. Has there been any d*
    Will this last forever????

No pooping, smelly farts, thats all! He just came downstairs all smiley.....i sprayed him and made him get to his room....

I think he thinks its a bit of a game. I am just so desperate NOT to make puking an issue, thats why i tend to joke and laugh when he is ill.
    CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

Well I think that's great. It is a big comfort to me when sick people are able to joke and smile. That is a great sign, and sounds like he has a very strong immune system, so this may be one of the few times in your life you will have to deal with this. Good job!!!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Twinkle, sorry to hear about your son, but well done on coping with it so well. Both my kids had v* and d* this weekend and so far I haven't caught it (touch wood, fingers crossed and all that!).

Mine are 9 and 5 and over the years I've dealt with quite a bit of v* and a couple of nasty stomach viruses where both ends are operational for a good 12 hours. The only thing I've had is diarrhea on one occasion. Every other time, nothing!

Just keep your hands washed and go on the attack with that marvellous dettol spray (I have 2 cans, just incase!)

If your son is better, then it doesn't sound nasty. With the nasty and highly contagious viruses, it's both ends every half hour all day!!!

Keep up the good work, and if at all possible relax!

Of course i am concerned with the "what if", but at onepoint in my life i was SO bad with emetophobia that i was housebound with agoraphobia for 2 years, didn't have anyone in my house, my *then* husband wasn't allowed to go out, nor my son, i was afraid at every knock at the door, speaking on the phone,i wouldn't cook because i thought the smell of the food in the oven would either make me feel sick OR i would feel sick while cooking and the smellwould makeme worseand even washing my hair would make me think i was going to throw up (figure that one out). I recall during that time my son was sick (because of a temperature) and i ran to the bottom of the garden sobbing and wouldn't come in for an hour. My lowest point of my phobia i couldn't even get upstairs and hover because i would panic and think i would throw up. My life was horrendous. I'm now in year 3 of getting better, i am still agoraphobic and emetophobic but no where near to the extent i was.

Thanks all for your replies - it means a lot.

Sarah.
    CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

Congrats on making such good progress with your fear - you sound amazing. How is your son now?

Hi - My son, is back to normal today, thanks for asking. He's had a slice of toast for lunch and a horlicks, don'tknow if that was a good ideabut its gotvitimins in - so i risked it(he'd not eaten since midday yesterday and i reckon that came up!), so far, so good!

Sarah.
    CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

Good job!

Good to hear that your son is feeling better!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He's doing good and back to being his usual cheeky self!

His father forgot to tell me he threw up on Sunday too, what a stupid man. Apparently my son had a bad headache and just brought up amouthful on the path outside his daddies house - nice of him to tell me.

My little man has had a stinky cold, so whether THAT was the problem, i don't know. He looks like he might have a sinus issueswith what i can see coming out of his nose, also he had a temperature and headache all day Friday and Saturday. I don't know whats wrong with the little fella, i'm no doctor...lol

Hope everyone is keeping well

Sarah.

CAN IT GET ANY WORSE????

Glad to hear that your son is on the mend, and feeling better. Don't you just love ex-husbands....lol[img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!