Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Girlfriend S* for weeks now.......

I am having such a bad panic attack it's not funny. My girlfriend (no hate please) has been feeling s* with no appetite when she wakes up and throughout the day for around 4 weeks now. She went away on work and when she came back of course I kissed her, then she told me she vd* that morning, which of course freaked me out. That was 5 days ago, long over the countdown time. She's still been feeling bad, but I was going to spend the night with her tonight, everything was fine, she went to sleep then her dad called her to give him a ride, so she woke up. She goes "I don't feel good again...." then walked to the bathroom and vd* I was sooooo freaked out I ran outside and called my mom to come get me. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR WEEKS!!!!! After she got back from picking her dad up she came outside and saw me shaking and crying so she came over and started rubbing my back and told me everything was fine and kissed the top of my head. I blurted out "I'm sorry I'm sorry I can't stay my mom is coming" She was upset because I promised I'd spend the night with her. She went and laid in bed and I came in and sat on the bed and just kept telling her I was sorry and that I loved her, she said she loved me too, but I know she's upset and hurt that I didn't stay. I thought for awhile it might be ulcers, she takes pain killers by the handfuls along with midol. I keep telling myself this doesn't sound like a bug, because sometimes she doesn't feel s* at all, and it's been going on for so long. She told me she was going to finally go see a doctor. I'm soooo worried and panicy.... Someone help please

Default Re: Girlfriend S* for weeks now.......

could she be pregnant? she should def see a dr regardless to rule out an infection or ulcer or something. it does not sound contagious but poor thing how scary for you to see your partner so ill

Hey, it could be the painkillers are upsetting her stomach, does she need to take so many? I know it's scary being around someone who is sick, especially somebody who you are close to, you want to support them but this phobia doesn't let you. She isn't contagious, if she has been vomiting for weeks then you would have caught it by now, I think she needs to see her GP as soon as possible.

Yeah, could she be pregnant? It sounds like something is up but not really a contagious sickness. I wouldn't worry about catching it from her.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

It don't sound like anything catching if she has been feeling bad for weeks. I agree with the others she could be pregnant?

I made her take a test even though she swore up and down she wasn't, and it came back negative.... She woke up feeling bad again, then in a few hours she was fine and ate....

My suggestion would be she needs to go to the Dr. It doesn't sound like anything contagious. If she taking that many pain meds it could be causing something like an ulcer or worse. Please keep us updated
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

It's STILL going on!!! She made an appt to see the Dr finally. And here I am, feeling totally fine still. Definitely not a bug. I'm so scared because she has had cancer a few years ago.....

I am so sorry to hear your gf is so poorly and you are struggling. I was wondering where in the world you are? I am in the uk and earlier this year my daughter was sick almost every night and occasionally in the mornings on and off for around 3 months! She would be fine in the day would eat normal but then be screaming and crying v'ing in the night. It was honestly the worst time in my life and that's how I came across this site. I was so worried she may have something seriously wrong or that something in my house was causing it, she had blood tests which came back and the only explanation I got from the doctor was that it was an sv! So I don't mean to scare anyone but sv's do seem to be able to go on for an awful long time! I have never known anything like this and am terrified one of my daughters may get it again!! Def get your gf to see a doctor especially in light of her previous cancer.

Anna, did the dr specifically say SV ir gastritis? It's definetly not something you can catch, pain killers can irritate your stomach lining, and if she's a person that v* easily she may just do it to feel better

The only explanation I got from my doctor was that it was an sv and when I questioned why she had it so long I was told 'there are lots of varieties so she could have been unlucky and picked up one after the other'

Late to this thread, but I think your girlfriend's problem is likely all the pain pills she's taking. I'm assuming something like Ibuoprofen? These can cause inflammation in the stomach and GI tract and in extreme cases, GI bleeding. I hope she feels better, but I really don't think it's anything contaigious. If she can't get it under control, she really probably needs a doctor.

Thank you all so so much for all the kind words and help. I'm in the US. It's also been extreamly hot, over 110 F. She still isn't eating much. She's lost 15 pounds but it's cooled down and she seems to be feeling better. I keep telling her I will stay the night with her but I always freak out and leave when she falls asleep. So now she thinks I'm cheating on her lol.

She did make an appt with the Dr but she didn't go because she hates Drs so much. She wasn't having BMs and now she's eating a ton of fruit and has loose stool

Quote Originally Posted by WoofGirl View Post
    Thank you all so so much for all the kind words and help. I'm in the US. It's also been extreamly hot, over 110 F. She still isn't eating much. She's lost 15 pounds but it's cooled down and she seems to be feeling better. I keep telling her I will stay the night with her but I always freak out and leave when she falls asleep. So now she thinks I'm cheating on her lol.
    Explain to her that v*, seeing and hearing it freaks you out. Most people don't understand emetophobia but the do understand the v* is gross and people are uncomfortable around it. I know plenty of non-emets who can't watch other be sick.

She tries to understand but it's hard for her... She wants me to spend the night tonight and I'm terrified.... She's vd* twice the past month and the last time was 8 days ago

No hate necessary if you love her than that's wonderful to find in a person. Sounds like an ulcer or possibly she has irritated the lining of her stomach with all the NSAIDs she's been taking. Ulcers can fill your stomach with acids and make you v* it is not common but can happen. I have GERDS and an ulcer, and emetophobia!!!! Luck of the draw, ya know?! I cannot take midol, Motrin, aspirin, or aleve, only Tylenol. If I do, my stomach burns terribly. I get very n* bc my stomach is aggravated. Take her to the doctor if it continues. Pepto will be her BFF! It coats the tummy and if there's an ulcer in there, it coats that too. Make sure she elevates her head, so the acid stays down and not in the throat. She may have developed some IBS too. Keep am eye on her, make sure she stays out if the heat. Another thing that can make her feel yucky if she's ill. Hope this helps

When she v* did she suddenly feel better? If she was relatively back to normal, that is text book ulcer. As soon as they get the acid out, they feel alright.